Ended Operations Assistant (RMU)
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position : Operations ASSISTANT (RMU)
Organizational Unit : Resource Management Unit (Operations)
Duty Station : Yemen, Sana’a
IOM Classification : G 4
Type of Appointment : Special Short-Term (SST) Graded Contract, 6 Months (Renewable)
SVN No. : SVN2020.032
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : Tuesday 07, April 2020
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates
Working under the overall supervision of the Senior Resource Management Officer, the direct management of the Senior Operations Assistant and in close collaboration with the Staff Security Unit (SSU) and the Logistics unit, the Operations Assistant is responsible for supporting the timely and safe travel of IOM staff, beneficiaries and IOM goods/assets in Yemen.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Serve as the link between programmes staff and relevant partners to ensure that IOM international and domestic movements are timely and compliant with UN, national and IOM guidelines. Ensure compliance to all systems in place for staff travel and to remain abreast of changes in standard operating procedures and issues that may affect staff travel.
- Verify all security documentation related to staff travel is completed accurately and in a timely manner. This includes but is not limited to CONOPS, MSCR, de-confliction, government and UN travel & security clearances. .
- Work with IOM staff and partners in the sub-offices to ensure that IOM staff movements are cleared and that accommodation, transportation and security arrangements are in place.
- Maintain a database of documentation necessary for IOM team member and asset movements.
- In close collaboration with IOM’s logistics unit, prepare and submit all required clearances and authorizations for the transport of IOM’s goods and assets throughout the country.
- Update and share Standard Operating procedures with all IOM team members.
- Compile data to support regular reporting from the Operations Unit.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum Bachelors Degree/ Certificate in Administration, management, Business English or related disciple; training in Secretarial and Business English advantageous;
- Or an equivalent combination of education training and experience;
- Minimum Four Years (Two Years for holders of Bachelors Degree) experience in administration, secretarial, documentation, archiving or related experience;
- Preferably within the United Nations or International Humanitarian Field;
- High level of accuracy, attention to detail; Excellent writing and drafting skills;
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality is required;
- Demonstrated ability to maintain accuracy and confidentiality in performing responsibilities; Professional Secretarial and Administrative Competency;
- Reporting Skills;
- Ability to pay dose attention to details and work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent computer skills especially Ms Office and SAP.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability" to work effectively and harmoniously within a team
Languages: English and Arabic
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Female with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via the following link
All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
“Only shortlisted candidates will be contracted”
Posting period: From 25.March.2020 to 07.April.2020