The purpose of the Logistic Officer position is day to day implementation of the support functions responsibilities. The Logistics Officer is responsible for the procurement, warehouse, fleet and asset management in the Al Mukha Office in compliance with NRC’s policies and procedures and donors’ rules and regulations.
Duties and responsibilities
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Implement delegated support function portfolio according to plan of action.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management .
- Ensure proper filing of logistics documents.
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the logistics function.
- Ensure procurement plans are developed and followed accordingly.
- Ensure that all procurement processes are in compliance with NRC Logistics Handbook, other NRC policies and door requirements.
- Liaise with suppliers to ensure prompt and accurate delivery of goods, services and equipment.
- Prepare documents as required by line manager.
Specific responsibilities :
- Oversee the receiving and dispatching of supplies and project materials to the respective field offices.
- Maintain and responsible for management of stocks of Assets Al Mukha offices and other NRC community centre and work locations in Al Mukha office.
- Manage Warehouse and stock control.
- Receive items (Stock, inventory, assists) as per NRC regulations and rules.
- Ensure the NRC fleet in the Al Mukha office is properly managed including proper utilization and ensuring all drivers are following NRC rules and policies related to driving.
- Ensure all NRC vehicles are regularly serviced and able to operate safely (including daily checks of vehicles).
- Ensure proper recording on fleet management (e.g. log books, fuel consumption etc) according to NRC’s Logistics Reporting policy.
- Receive purchase requests and verify all the relevant details and documents.
- Develop a standard list of supplier’s/contractors vendor database for Al Mukha office while adhering to the policy and procedures of NRC.
- Ensure effective and efficient logistics support for daily office operations including procurement and supplies, all being implemented in accordance with the policies and standards, as well as approved budgets.
- Participate in the tendering process including preparation of tender documents relating to construction materials and equipment.
- Regular dissemination of relevant logistics information to guide decision making by other stakeholders, through reports, circulars, meetings etc.
- Follow up with procurement of supplies and organize for delivery of materials and payment processing.
- Prepare procurement plans in conjunction with relevant departments.
- Ensure that procurement and logistics status reports are updated at all times and are shared appropriately.
- Assist with any other duties assigned by supervisor when required.
- Bachelor degree in Procurement/Logistics/Administration or any other relevant field.
- Minimum of Three years of experience working as a Procurement and Logistics field in a humanitarian/recovery/emergency context.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Computer skills (Common Microsoft Windows and Office applications).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile.
- Fluency in both spoken and written English.
- Able to use policies and procedures to solve problems, and be proactive in bringing ideas and solutions.
- Able to maintain good relations with colleagues and suppliers, even in difficult circumstances, always maintaining professionalism when representing NRC.
- Keen to work in a busy environment, and take pride in working hard and achieving results.
We can offer
12 Months (Renewable based on funding availability and satisfactory Performance)