INTERNAL/EXTERNAL VACANCY NOTICE
Title of Position: Field Assistant
Position Number: N/A
Category & Level: UNOPS-LICA-4
Location: FO Sa’ada, Yemen
Effective date: As soon as possible
Duration: till end of December 2020 (extendible subject to performance and availability of funds)
Date of Issue: 26 March 2020
Closing Date: 08 April 2020
The Field Assistant is normally supervised by the Field Officer/Associate and performs a variety of functions related to Field activities within the office. The supervisor exercises close control and regular review of the work processes and provides regular advice and guidance.
The incumbent keeps frequent internal contacts with staff members in the same duty station to exchange information and with the external contacts generally with officials of national and international institutions, leaders of the refugee community, local population and/or Implementing Partners (IPs) on routine subject matters under the direction of the supervisor.
UNHCR office has sufficient administrative and local support for the field activities thus better able to meet the needs of persons of concern.
- Assist in administrative tasks as required such as preparation of reports and meeting authorized personnel and assisting them during field missions.
- Act as interpreter in the exchange of routine information, contribute to related liaison activities and respond directly to routine queries.
- Collect data and other information relevant to UNHCR and report to the supervisor accordingly.
- Keep regular contacts with local authorities and implementing partners as requested by supervisor.
- In coordination with implementing partners, assist in the reception, registration and provision of assistance to persons of concern to UNHCR.
- Undertake other relevant duties as required.
- Liaise with local authority counterparts, partners and populations of concern.
- Direct incidents and problems to the supervisor when they cannot be resolved at their level.
Education & Professional Work Experience
Years of Experience / Degree Level
3 years relevant experience with High school diploma
Certificates and/or Licenses
Completion of the Secondary Education with post-secondary training/certificate in Business Administration, Law, Political Science or related field.
Excellent knowledge of English and working knowledge of another relevant UN language or local language
- Applicant who meets the minimum requirements are eligible
- External candidates must be legally present in Yemen at the time of application, recruitment and hire.
Submission of applications
Interested candidates must fill the NEW Personal History (P.11) form and the supplementary Bio Data table (Excel). Completed P11 form and summary table should be submitted along with a motivation letter and CV by e-mail to the below email address.
The email subject line MUST clearly indicate Last Name, Title of the position and VA Ref. number stated on this announcement. Applications missing any of the above elements, and not duly completed, will unfortunately not be considered.
Associate HR Officer
Tel. contact: +967-1-469771/2
Fax: +967-1-469 770
Shortlisted candidates may be required to sit for a test. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. No late applications will be accepted.
UNHCR is committed to diversity and welcomes applications from qualified candidates regardless of disability, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees).