Blumont International, is a non-profit organization specializing in international development and humanitarian assistance in over 40 countries and has been working in Yemen for 10 years. BLUMONT has been working with communities in the Republic of Yemen since 2010 to promote community participation and activism, improve health,WASH and hygiene, assist refugees and asylum-seekers, and provide third-party monitoring for donor-supported infrastructure improvements. BLUMONT Yemen is seeking to fill the following position to implement its Programs in Yemen:
Job Title: Accountability Officer
Function: Refugees Community Service
Location: Sana’a – BI-Yemen-Community Centers
Duration: Three Months
Under the supervision of the Program Coordinator, The ACCOUNTABILITY OFFICER Officer supports the CBSP Team and the Senior Program Coordinator in his/her efforts to strengthen the quality and accountability of the CBSP program activities. He/she will be the primary point of contact for beneficiaries’ complaints and feedback; record any complaints in the database; liaise with field staff and senior management in addressing and resolving complaints; and assist in any other Accountability activities as required. In addition, the incumbent will ensure that mechanisms are in place regarding information sharing, beneficiaries’ participation, complaints and response mechanism and capturing the good practices and success stories.
The main responsibility of the ACCOUNTABILITY OFFICER will be to ensure that the Complaints and Feedback Mechanism is in place and is effectively implemented by BI’s Areas of Responsibility (AoR). The ACCOUNTABILITY OFFICER will be responsible to fulfil requirements under the IASC Operational Framework for Accountability to Affected Population and Blumont’s Community Feedback Manual, especially in regards to information sharing, beneficiaries’ participation, complaints and response mechanism and accountability in design, monitoring and evaluation. ACCOUNTABILITY OFFICER will facilitate implementation of the Complaints and Feedback Mechanism activities in line with the Standard Operating Procedures and will encompass a range of tasks, including
- Establish and run the Complaints and Feedback Mechanism in the designated URC, SCC, PSS and CBEC Community based education centers;
- Receive complaints and feedback via the dedicated Blumont’s hot line and ensure all information is properly documented;
- Receive complaints and feedback referred from field/enrollment staff and ensure proper documentation;
- Ensure data collection, reporting and follow up on each complaint/feedback received.
- Ensure printed information on the Complaints and Feedback Procedure is clearly visible;
- Ensure that beneficiaries can safely and easily access the Complaints and Feedback Mechanism;
- Maintain an effective record and filing system for all complaints solved and pending issues including correspondences with subsequent regular updates to the respective UNHCR focal point;
- Compile data and submit internal and accurate reports to the senior program coordinator on a weekly basis;
- Compile monthly reports on the implementation status of the Complaints and Feedback
- Respond to beneficiaries’ complaints as per the Complaints Response Mechanism (CRM);
- Ensure follow up of decision taken;
- Build staff/volunteers awareness and commitment to complaints mechanism, ensuring that all SOPs are respected;
- Propose changes/improvements to the Complaints and Feedback Mechanism to the senior management, based on the monitoring of its effectiveness
- Ensure respect for confidentially as well as Age, Gender and Diversity in all steps of the Complaints and Feedback Mechanism process.
- Analyses trends of the complaints and feedback received to help improve programming;
- Highlight each good practices and success stories on quarterly basis.
- Liaise with the Program team and senior management to ensure that feedback and complaints are addressed and resolved;
- Liaise with Blumont community service and liaison officer/ centers Admins and community leaders regarding the response on the complaints received;
- Perform any other duties as required and requested by the supervisor.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree Social/humanitarian Sciences /Law or other related fields
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Arabic
- Good computer skills.
- Three years’ experience working with INGOs, or related field.
- Good team player; able to take direction and work collaboratively with others.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate in a highly professional manner with beneficiaries, community members, and partners.
- Able to complete required reporting and documentation within the set deadlines.
- Highly motivated, creative, and compassionate person who is dedicated to ensuring that models of best practice are utilized.
- Able to maintain the highest levels of confidentiality.
- Problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to work in a challenging environment.
- Ability to promote the values of equality, non-discrimination, and human rights for all.
Applicant should send a CV and covering letter in English, to firstname.lastname@example.org,
Subject line of the email should include the title of the position only short listed candidates will be contacted
Closing date: 2nd of April, 2020