Senior Field Manager Deputy
Job Title: Senior Field Manager Deputy
Band/ Level / Grade: 7B
Department: Field Management
Location: Al Dhale
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC Yemen began its Health, Nutrition and Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) programs in response to the impact of conflicts in Abyan and Aden Governorates in October 2012. Currently IRC Yemen is operating in eight governorates in the south and north of Yemen through direct programming and through a local partnership, in Health, WASH, Nutrition, Economic Recovery Development and Women Protection and Empowerment. These sectors are responding to food insecurity, cholera and other humanitarian needs within the displaced and conflict affected populations.
Scope of Work:
The Senior Field Manager Deputy (SFM Deputy), is a manager level position which supports the Senior Field Manager to exercise adequate oversight of day to day program activities at the field office level. This position is a member of the Al Dhale and Country Program SMTs and participates in all meetings and decision making forums within IRC in line with his/her Job Description.
- Support the Senior Field Manager to streamline the operational support of the field office to ensure consistent and constructive support to all program departments in Al Dhale’e and Lahj governorates.
- Follow up with the sub field office programs teams to ensure that quality programming is carried out and IRC and donor expectations are met.
- Monitor the delivery of activities in accordance with program work plans to ensure timely implementation throughout the program cycle.
- Ensure that any significant variation from program work plans, both in terms of timeline and quality, is communicated to the Senior Field Manager, the Field Coordinator and the relevant program coordinators.
- Monitor program procurement planning and facilitate timely procurement at the field level. Ensure any significant variation from plans is communicated to Senior Field Manager and relevant program coordinators.
- Ensure that program teams submit their travel plans on time and in accordance with IRC procedures. Ensure program teams adhere to travel plans, reporting any significant variation to the Senior Field Manager.
- Support the M&E and CRA teams to closely coordinate with program teams.
- Perform regular program site visits to ensure required progress and quality in implementation of activities. Submit field site visit reports, in the required template, to the Senior Field Manager and relevant program coordinators
- Support the Senior Field Manager to facilitate monitoring visits by capital-based staff and donors.
- Promote IRC’s image and work ensuring IRC activities are clearly marked by IRC and donor logos, where applicable.
- Promptly inform Senior. Field Manager Field Coordinator of any areas of concern for potential or suspected violations of policies and procedures.
- Deputize in absence of Senior Field Manager.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Senior Field Manager.
- Promote ethical, professional working relationships among staff and between staff and communities.
- Preserve close, open and professional relationships with all staff.
- Work towards strengthening staff’s team spirit by demonstrating good leadership.
- Address any issues or misunderstandings which arise within the framework and spirit of IRC policies and rules of professional conduct.
- Support staff in implementation of personnel policies including performance evaluation, staff development, and disciplinary measures.
- Ensure attendance and leave management of all program staff assigned to Al Dhale’e and Lahj sub-field office in close coordination with their capital-based managers.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Senior Field Manager
Position directly supervises: day-to-day administrative supervision of the most senior program staff from each sector based in Al Dhale’e.
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: Field Coordinator, DDP, DDO, all operations and program Coordinators, Field support staff.
External: partner organizations, local governance units, local communities
- The incumbent should be a graduate from an accredited university in Yemen or abroad with a degree in social studies, political science, business administration or equivalent.
- Demonstrated good program and administrative management skills, as well people management skills.
- Minimum two years professional experience at managerial level.
- INGO experience is highly desired.
Soft Skills and Competencies:
- Customer & client centered and service-oriented mind & attitude.
- Energetic, with good networking, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, creativity and flexibility.
- Ability to handle pressure.
- Detail-oriented and professional patience.
Language Skills: Good in English and fluency in Arabic to communicate clearly and effectively.
Computer Skill: MS Office – Very good MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook.
Working Environment: Based in Al Dhale’e, with some travel to Aden and Lahj.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Qualified and Interested individuals are required to apply for this position via the IRC Career at the following link: https://rescue.csod.com/ats/careersite/jobdetails.aspx?site=1&c=rescue&id=8728
Deadline for Applying: April 9, 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.