Position: Logistics Assistant – (1)
Vacancy Reference Number: LA-SAN/20
Purpose of division:
Logistics Department works with country office & program team in identifying, planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluating development projects and program Operations in collaboration with local, national and international partners.
Reporting to Logistics Officer, the staff will provide & carry out all Operations related logistics issues to ensure effective and timely implementation of IRY Operations. This will include but limited to process the request of program supplies, transportation of the same to final distribution points (health facilities/Food Distribution Points), proper storage as well as delivery of all procured project NFIs/supplies to the targeted locations/HFs. The staff will provide all logistic assistance related to Transportations or procurements and other financial processes for effective implementation of funded project/s.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Support in logistics activities for the CO & providing technical support to all logistic staff at CO and field level and report that to logistic officer.
- Update & submit the Contracts tracking sheet & maintain regular follow up with suppliers to ensure timely delivery of goods as per signed contracts on a weekly basis.
- Ensure IRY warehouses is managed according to IRY warehouse management guidelines and records are well maintained.
- Assist in vehicle fleet management including the distribution of medicines/ nutrition materials transport needs.
- Organize files and maintain them updated both manually and electronically, and assist in appropriate documentation of all logistics operations.
- Support all the requests of operations - supplies request, to IRY warehouses/targeted locations.
- Assist in arranging all secondary transportation upon request from projects staff – transporter/s contracting, Food Release Orders, timely delivery and following up with payment of the transporters.
- Archiving/documentation of all relevant projects documents (FI/NFI Request Notes, dispatching waybills, In Kind Documents, transportation, warehouse reports, stock management and all submitted reports).
- Stock levels management/monitoring – stock cards are properly filled and kept updated to ensure there are no stock outs or expiration of the commodities.
- Capacity building of storekeepers – Regular trainings of warehouse staff on stock management, transportation and warehouse management through regular field visits to all project areas.
- Follow up with all Projects related Request’s – timely delivery, distribution to targeted locations, submission of fully signed/stamped GRNs/GDNs, distribution plans.
- Reviewing of Monthly WFP/Cluster Reports – actively update the Stock Balance Reports (FDPs & warehouse)
- Collection and collation of all Projects delivery waybills for dispatched commodities on regular basis and submission of the same to Relevant Department.
- Preparation and timely submission of In-Kind-Donation Reports / Certificates under Wash/nutrition project (BSFP/TSFP Supplies) on monthly basis.
- Conduct regular field visits both planned and random checks to ensure nutrition commodities are well managed, properly stored and well documented.
- Perform any other duty assigned by the line supervisor/s
Person specification /Experience
- Working experience with I/NGOs in similar position
- Past experience in logistic supporting programming & Operations.
- Proficient in the main computer application (MS Excel, MS Word and internet/emails)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (English & Arabic)
- Ability to plan and organize work independently with minimal supervision paying attention to detail and completing the planned tasks in timely manner
- Organizational and planning skills
Respectful, accountability, courageous, excellence, facilitating change, problem solving, team player, developing teams, contributing to team success, negotiation skills.
- Business Management / Logistics, or other related field,
- Minimum of two (2) years experiences in a similar position.
- Proficiency in English & Arabic is essential.
- Computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, Internet, etc.
- Honest and trustworthy person.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal/written English communication and interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated ability to establish effective working relations with the staff and other stakeholders.
- Able to work under pressure and under harsh living conditions.
- Ideally flexible to work beyond office working hours when needed.
- Excellent organizational skills, self-motivated and efficient, with willingness to pay attention to details.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills, creativity and flexibility.
Understanding of and commitment to safeguarding, child safety and protection from sexual abuse and exploitation principles.
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to Click Here
- All applications must include the vacancy reference number in the Reference No. Applications without the correct reference number will not be considered.
- Qualified Females are strongly encouraged to apply
- Only Short –listed candidates will be contacted.