Ended Project Assistant
Reports to: Project Manager.
About The Organization:
A humanitarian, independent, non-profit, non-governmental organization that works across Yemen. The organization provides direct assistance for conflict-affected populations, IDPs, host communities and vulnerable groups in the conflict areas. The organization, in partnership with international agencies, takes action during crisis situations, and goes the extra mile to engage in other contexts where its competencies will add value. The organization promotes durable solutions for conflict-affected populations and helps to restore services, education, economic, wellbeing and health.
The Project Assistant is responsible for providing administrative, logistic and programmatic support to assigned administrative personnel of WASH project; coordinating activities of assigned administrative personnel; monitoring assigned activities; and providing information, recommendations and/or direction as requested by assigned administrator.
The Project Assistant will assist the Project Manager as well as other department staff in carrying out high-level project development, research and analysis, advocacy, organizing, negotiations, communications, coalition building, organizational leadership, management and fund raising. The post holder will also handle MEAL Assistant tasks and duties.
- Provides administrative and logistical support for projects, initiatives, and programs.
- Assists other team members in preparing and formatting documents, including, reports, proposals, plans and PowerPoint presentations;
- Assists assigned managers and team members by maintaining calendars, receiving and composing communications as correspondence, and replies to inquiries.
- Handles preparations, scheduling, logistics, and other various requirements for field mission’s travel.
- Drafts contracts, budgets, and donor reports with direction from manager and head of programs.
- Maintains a tracking system of responses to proposals;
- Develops and maintains an efficient filing system for the team, including assistance in processing calls for proposals as required.
- Keep records of all information related to project for documentation, clarification and presentation to management
- Draft project proposal ideas and present them to the director with convincing proof for approval.
- Processes financial documents including contracts, expense reports, invoices, etc.
- Writes routine reports and correspondence, and assists with the development of project materials.
- Acts as the main contact person during the absence of team members, following-up on any emergencies with appropriate staff, and sharing workload with other projects' staff.
- Conduct regular field visits to supervise and following the activities implementation.
- Maintains a wide variety of manual and electronic documents files and records (e.g. policies, plans, budget data, employee records, financial records, district and national reports, UN and partners reports and publications etc.) for the purpose of providing up-to-date information and/or historical reference.
- Work with programs and projects staff at central level and at sub-levels, collaborating with writers, professional photographers, graphic designers and others technicians to ensure that quality content is produced, documented and released. · Conceptualize, produce and d
- Assists in the orientation of new staff, interns, research fellows and consultants by providing them with the necessary documents and materials for orientation; and
- Works with other projects team members to coordinate work activities, meet deadlines, and provide support where needed.
- Monitors a variety of activities on behalf of assigned manager for the purpose of achieving goals and meeting target dates.
- Participates in a variety of meetings, workshops, and/or trainings for the purpose of providing or receiving information, recording minutes, and supporting the needs of the attendees
- Organizes meetings and events.
- Compiles data from a variety of sources (e.g. work orders, budget reports, specialized reports, personnel records, etc.) for the purpose of complying with financial, legal, reporting and/or administrative requirements
- Assists on maintaining, improving and update organization web site and on the designing and innovating, preparation of communications and IEC materials.
- Assist Communications and Programs staff in creating and recording durable, memorable high resolutions images and filming for documentary as and when required.
- Works with and maintains data management and filing for projects/program.
- Serves as an administrator of work product with other programs/departments, i.e. finance, program development, research and MEAL, etc.
- Liaises and communicates with project consultants and field office staff, providing logistical and administrative support, as directed.
- Supervise volunteers as and when required.
- Performs other related duties in accordance with instructions from assigned supervisors.
- Provide technical support for the implementation of the nutrition, health and WASH program
- Provide support to identify training needs, planning and implementation of relevant trainings
- Organize initial and on-job training for staff on nutrition guidelines and protocols
- Compile the data collected from the field to be submitted to the M&E Officer
- Submit weekly/monthly statistics and narrative report to the project Manager and M&E Officer
- Support assessments/surveys, monitoring and evaluation of the nutrition, WASH and Shelter program
- Maintain good and positive contacts with local authorities, and community leaders to ensure their involvement in program activities
- Any additional duties as requested by the supervisor.
- Assist the logistics department in procurement of drug/medical supply/medical equipment by providing specification for requested items;
- Provide regular supervision of supported clinics including data collection/records of beneficiaries and program activities, as well as timely implementation and reaching targets according to program objectives;
- Provide regular updates and reports to project Manager/ M&E Officer as required;
- Provide data, case studies and success stories to enrich reports for both internal and external use;
- Organize and conduct joint multifunctional team monitoring visits;
- Monitor program implementation and ensure accurate, timely data collection;
- Ensure linkages and integration of community mobilization activities and clinic services;
- Maintain program files.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering.
- 2+ years of relevant work experience.
- Strong organizational and communication skills, with the ability to effectively present information and respond appropriately to questions from senior managers in the field.
- Ability and willingness to travel to project sites as needed
- Strong English and Arabic skills, written and spoken. Ability to write reports in English is required
Interested candidates are invited to submit their updated CVs to email@example.com, by Wed Apr 8th, 2020 at the latest, mentioning the job title in the subject line. Emails without such indication will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.