Ended CCCM Specialist -Shelter
Position Title: CCCM Specialist -Shelter
Employer: International Youth Council-Yemen (IYCY)
Duty Station: Taizz Governorates,
Duration: 9 Months
Starting Date: ASAP ( As Soon As Possible )
Application Deadline: 25 Apr 2020
Position reporting to: Project Manager and Shelter/NFI/CCCM Program coordinator
Overview of International Youth Council-Yemen (IYCY)
International Youth Council-Yemen is a non-governmental organization that aims for no profit which is targeting youth and community in general. It works on establishing the civilized culture in the areas of education, health, human rights, freedom, and the economy; also it reacts to the sudden and new circumstances at the national, regional and international levels to support the humanity values as well as promoting the cooperation among the lives of people in the communities. The International Youth Council – Yemen has a legal and independent personality.
The International Youth Council-Yemen was founded on 01/02/2012 headquartered in the capital city, Sana’a under the provisions of Associations and Institutions Law No. (1) For the year 2001 with licensing number (24-24).
Overall project objective
The project will be prioritized to support the Shelter/NFI/CCCM Clusters First and Second line responses priority activities in the Yemen Humanitarian Response Plan (YHRP) 2019 to address the most critical lifesaving activities in 2 targeted districts in Taizz governorate. IYCY is proposing to implement 12-month project that aims at ensuring that all IDPs living in hosting sites and hosting community in 2 districts of Maqbanah and Al Mawasit in Taizz involving equitably men, women, boys and girls have equal access to integrated shelter, NFIs and CCCM.
IYCY through this project and within its capacity and experiences has proposed an integrated response to vulnerable people including IDPs hosting sites and host communities including women and children. The comprehensive response package targeting the most vulnerable families (IDPs and host community) was strategized as the focus of the Emergency Shelter/NFI - CCCM Cluster and working with other relevant clusters. Shelter, NFIs and CCCM activities will ensure that all Men, women, boys and girls living in IDPs Hosting Sites and in adjacent host communities have access to basic services
The CCCM Specialist-Shelter will be a focal point for the coordination meeting of all clusters including CCCM, Shelter, WASH etc. He will be responsible for drafting proposals, intermediate & final reports and coordination on National and Sub-National level with clusters. . This position will be charged 100 % from YHP and will be based in Taizz..
- Represent the IYCY at Shelter, NFIs and CCCM Cluster as well as any other necessary or relevant meetings/events.
- Liaise regularly with SHELTER/CCCM partners and represent the organization in SHELTER/CCCM/ cluster and partners’ meetings.
- Represent the IYCY in clusters’ meeting and in various donor and coordination forums at National level and providing programmatic information as required.
- Ensure timely and quality preparation of donor project narrative reports, quarterly performance indicator tracking tables, baseline and final evaluation reports, as well as other reports needed/required by the local government, donors.
- Conducts research, analyses, interprets data, and formats related reports.
- Provides data analysis support for institutional reporting, rapid response to emergency needs, planning for humanitarian responses, resource development, and related requests for information.
- Build capacity of field staff in reporting, monitoring and application of humanitarian standards.
- Develop and ensure implementation of training plans for the project team.
- Build and maintain mutually respectful relationships with site management team, service providers, local authorities, IDP community members as well as host community members.
- Be directly responsible for the technical development, guidance, management and implementation of the Shelter NFI’s Program.
- Responsible for the development of Shelter NFI’s project in the form of draft project concept notes and draft proposals.
- Effectively manage the Shelter NFI’s project and interventions using appropriate tools to ensure project is delivered on-time, on-budget and to the expected quality.
- Planning of Shelter project activities setting high quality performance targets and ensuring adherence to technical standards, best practices, donor guidelines and SHPERE standards
- Ensures the use of appropriate project management tools to plan, review and track progress on project implementation as well as on the utilization of project resources.
- Maintain the highest quality donor and Support Office relations by supporting contractual obligations in a timely manner and achieving high quality planning and implementation levels.
- Support Project manager in implementing Shelter/CCCM project strategy, meeting the objectives and ensure quality implementation of the field activities in compliance with the organization and donor regulations; continuously support effective monitoring, evaluation and learning processes.
- Ensure the timely registration of IDPs, including identification of protection related needs.
- Monitor sites to identify needs, gaps in service provision, and duplication of efforts at IDP site.
- Ensure that the monitoring framework within the program implemented, including baseline data, secondary data, reviews, donor reporting, KAP survey and internal/external evaluations.
- Ensure the development and implement strong M&E systems using appropriate Organizational tools and resources to maximize project impact on beneficiaries.
- Supervise and mentor project's staff on specific-based activities/sectors.
- Contribute to developing an appropriate Performance Management System.
- Conduct routine field support visits for the purposes of supporting program management in accordance with internal procedures, good practice, maximize impact and encourage learning.
- Performs other duties in accordance with instructions assigned by Project Manager and the Shelter/NFI/CCCM Program coordinator.
Job Requirement (Qualification and Experience)
- University degree in relevant field.
- Minimum two years of experience in international and/or local NGO; ideally involved in shelter program or in support functions
- Ability to write reports and situational briefings in English
- Excellent representation, negotiation, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Strong team spirit and ability to work comfortably in multi-cultural contexts
- Good skills with basic software, such as MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English
- Fluent in Arabic
Qualified Applicants meeting the above requirements are required to apply through the following link:
Note: Only shortlisted Applicants will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.