Tamdeen Youth Foundation (TYF), is a local humanitarian Organization which is private, nonpolitical, non-denomination and non-profit making. Action to help people and vocation is to save lives by combating hunger, disease and those crises threatening the lives of vulnerable men, women and children. TYF currently operates in number of governorates in Yemen where it has implemented projects in nutrition, food security, health, WASH and protection, and empowerment,
Position Title: Executive Director
Duty Station: Sana’a
Position Category: Full-time , Regular
Duration of Assignment : One year renewable based on funding availability and performance
Deadline: May 30 , 2020
General Position Summary
The Executive Director is to lead TYF towards effective implementation its vision, mission and strategy; this includes: Planning, Program Development and Fundraising, and Financial and Administrative , operations Management , S/He is responsible for developing the overall strategic direction for programming in cooperation with TYF’s senior management team and local and international partners. S/He is also responsible for developing and implementing systems, policies and procedures for TYF’s operations in Yemen. S/he is a skilled communicator, able to develop and utilize strong relationships with team members, partners and donors,
The Executive Director represents TYF at the highest level and is able to develop, articulate and deliver a strategic vision in line with the rapid evolution of the context and the strategic decisions made by the TYF’s Trustee Council.
Essential Job Responsibilities
Strategy & Vision
- Responsible for strategic planning to ensure that TYF can successfully fulfill its Mission into the future.
- Formulate and plan, in consultation with key stakeholders, a clear vision of present and future program goals and strategies which can be clearly communicated to team members, beneficiaries, local & international partners, governmental counterparts, and donors.
- Set direction by prioritizing and organizing actions and resources to achieve TYF goal and objectives.
- Provide overall guidance and direction to support units and area level to achieve agreed targets and long-term strategic objectives.
- Coordinate with partner organizations and program staff on proposal development and design, including gathering information for concepts and proposals and serving as primary drafter/editor of proposals and needs assessments.
- Contribute to strategy development and prioritize and organize actions and resources to achieve objectives set through those processes;
- Ensure that analytical and technical support teams are collaborating with program and other internal stakeholders effectively, adding value to the program and maintaining strategic focus;
- Ensure TYF strategy is understood throughout the team and guides decision-making.
- Create and sustain a work environment of mutual respect where team members strive to achieve excellence.
- Establish leadership and personal credibility with the TYF team, and implement by example an organizational culture of accountability, responsibility and quality of services.
- Institute a disciplined culture of performance management and regular feedback between supervisors and their direct reports.
- Promote accountability, communicate expectations and provide constructive feedback via regular performance reviews;
- Provide team members with information, tools and other resources to improve performance and reach objectives;
- Contribute to team-building efforts, help team members identify problem-solving options and ensure the integration of all team members into relevant decision-making processes.
Program Performance & Operations and Compliance
- Oversee program quality and impact by ensuring programs are based on sound design principles and utilize TYF and donor required M&E systems.
- Oversee and implement appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriate.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance to TYF internal procedure, guideline and donor/ audit , recruitment.
- Ensure synergies between support units and program unit, effective planning, regular communication and anticipation of program needs.
- Fulfill TYF Program Management Minimum Standards based on the Foundation-wide guide;
- Ensure programs are able to meet donor and internal obligations on scope, time, and budget, including efficient coordination of program, operational, and financial issues;
- Engage program leadership in ongoing context analysis that enables programs and teams to adapt to significant changes in the conflict environment;
- Identify and evaluate the risks and possible threats associated with support activities and take appropriate action to control the risk
- Oversee the establishment of systems, policies, and approaches necessary to ensure and demonstrate the quality of programs.
- Ensure that all the staff have received training in line with their level of responsibility and receive technical support relevant to their programs.
- Ensure program implementation is on time, target and budget, using effective M&E systems to reach desired impacts.
- Build and maintain operational structures that ensure proper segregation of duties between finance, administration, HR , logistics and fully support field programs.
- Build and maintain an environment of collaboration among program, finance, operations team members resulting in optimal support for program activities.
- Create and maintain systems ensuring effective and transparent use of financial resources for timely and informative reporting in line with donor and Foundation policies and procedures.
- Maintain oversight of overall program budgets ensuring appropriate allocation of resources to meet program objectives ;
- Responsible for the financial integrity to include submission to the Board of Trustee
a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the foundation .
- Responsible for financial management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
- Responsible for fundraising and developing other resources necessary to support TYF ’s mission.
Partnership and Grants Management:
- Ensure that partner projects are implemented in line with TYF and donor rules and regulations;
- Support proposal design and review processes to ensure that partnership and capacity building strategies are in alignment with program guidelines and standards;
- Strengthen management and follow up systems with partners for monitoring and reporting purposes;
- Standardized ways of working with partners and build partners capacity in work-planning and program cycle management;
- Supervise and support TYF grants teams to ensure that grants activities are in compliance with donars' regulations, program, and TYF internal policies, and procedures.
- Coordinate closely with the program team to ensure that the grant's activities are in line with the implementation plan.
- Support the program team in ensuring that concept notes and funding proposals align closely with response strategies, sector programme plans, and master budgets and M & E frameworks.
Influence & Representation
- Maintain productive relationships with internal and external constituents such as private partners, local governments, foundations, the private sector, etc.
- Anticipate needs, understand donor pool and contribute to shaping donor’s views on humanitarian and development strategies.
- Represent the Foundation programs with national and international media and participate in community activities as appropriate;
- Ensure that Foundation maintains a high degree of risk awareness and impartiality;
- Respect and understand cultural and political differences and nuances and have the ability to navigate between them, recognizing the complexities involved;
Operations Manager, Finance Manager, MEAL Manager, Programs Manager, , Area Managers,
Reports Directly To: TYF Chairman
Works Directly With: Program ,Operations, Finance , Meal , TYF Area Mangers
Knowledge and Experience
1-Master’s Degree in relevant discipline is preferred or equivalent in social science, management, or relevant discipline.
2-8-10 years of experience in senior management, or leadership positions with preference to experience in Development, and Non-profit organization.
3-Experience in successfully managing institutional partnerships and collaboration with local partners, INGOs, authorities / government, and donors.
4-Significant experience in strategic planning, strategic analysis, review, and developing programme strategy,
5-Experience of solving complex issues collegially, defining a clear way forward, and utilizing best practices in management to ensure shared success; Outstanding analytical and strategic thinking skills, with a focus on results and impact;
6-Strong analytical skills and ability to think strategically, and Proven experience of building, leading and managing large complex diverse teams ,
7-Leadership qualities and people management expertise to provide direction and support,
8-Strong interpersonal awareness, including diplomacy, tactics, respectful communication, negotiation, influencing, coaching, being able to work effectively with others, cultural sensitivity and respect for confidentiality
9-Fluency in English (spoken and written) required; Arabic language skills are highly advantageous
Please note that Tamdeen Youth Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. As a result, TYF recruits staff members based on the qualifications for the position, without regard to tribal affiliation, race, color, religion, age, national origin, gender, disability, HIV status, marital status, or any other characteristic that may be protected by law.
Qualified and Interested individuals are required to apply for this position via the TYF Career at the following link:
https://ee.humanitarianresponse.info/x/#P0kRqV98 no latter than 30. May .2020
Only selected candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in the process of recruitment.