Ended Finance Officer
Finance Officer (1)
Location of position: Al-MOKHA, Yemen
I. Presentation of organization
Solidarités International (SI) is a French humanitarian organization, which has been committed to provide aid in the event of conflicts and natural disasters. SI mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: drinking water, food and shelter.
SI has opened a mission in Yemen since mid-September 2017. The mission is currently running emergency projects with an integrated FSL (Agricultural and Cash) and WASH approach mostly in Lahj, Hodeidah and Taiz governorates.
SI opened a base in Al Mokha and operates on the West coast in Wash and FSL project; a sub-base in Al Khawkhah is open for the implementation needs.
MISSION / OBJECTIVES
The finance officer ensures that the cash box and cash books are perfectly maintained, as well as monitoring, inputting and archiving accounting documents.
The finance officer supports the Administrative Manager in the processing of accounting and financial operations for the base.
Cash management and accountancy:
- Carry out withdrawals and payment of advances, in accordance with established procedures
- Keep the advance books and cash journal
- Record budget allocations and accounting codes of the expenses
- Check cash balances on daily basis and report any discrepancies to superior
- Coordinate the accounting closure, the physical inventory of the Cashbox and the bank reconciliations at the end of the month.
- Is in charge of the integration of the cashbook in SAGA at the end of the month
- Before paying, check that the supporting documents comply with Solidarités International procedures
- Ensure that accounting documentation is translated if necessary
- Archive accounting documents in accordance with Solidarités International procedures, after a final check of supporting documentation.
- Print and attach the SAGA voucher to the supporting documents before the scanning of the accountancy
- Ensure cash box security and confidentiality of information according to the SoP Cash of the mission
- Convert currencies at the line manager’s request
- Integrate on a monthly basis the accountancy in the Financial follow-up tools (OFU/LFU)
- Participate in the consolidation of budget follow ups and cash forecasts at base level
- Participate in Audit preparation at base level
- Validate all the purchase documents before submission to the Admin manager for its signature
ORG CHART POSITION (reporting and functional relationships):
Line manager: Administrative manager
Line report(s) on base: -
Functional manager: :-
Functional report(s): -
- Technical education and significant experience in accounting, finance and budget management
- Previous experience as a finance/Cashier is a prerequisite;
- Experience in mission with SI, is an asset
- Prior NGO/INGO experience is an asset
- Experience in similar context and area.
- Knowledge of the local humanitarian context
- Good understanding of the security context
- Proactive, motivated & organised
- Fluency in English and Arabic
Please submit your application (CV, Cover Letter, ID, Photocopies of diplomas, Certificates of employment etc.) to Solidarités International by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Title of the related position must be written in the email subject
NB: The vacancy may close before the deadline. Thank you for your comprehension
NB: CV and Cover letter must be in English.
NB: This position may be subject to funding from donors.
Final date for applications: 25th of May 2020