Ended WASH Electromechanical Officer
WaSH Electromechanical Officer
Location of position: Al Turbah / Taiz City, Yemen
I. Presentation of organization
Solidarités International (SI) is a French humanitarian organization, which has been committed to provide aid in the event of conflicts and natural disasters. SI mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: drinking water, food and shelter.
SI has opened a mission in Yemen since mid-September 2017. The mission is currently running various projects with an integrated FSL and WASH approach in Taiz governorate.
The position will be based in Al Turbah, Taiz.
II. Responsibilities and Tasks
Goal / Purpose:
Under the supervision of the WaSH Team Leader (TL)/WaSH Deputy Programme Manager (DPM) and indirectly under the WaSH Programme Manager (PM), the WaSH Electromechanical Officer will lead and supervise implementation of works on the domain of his specialization, respecting deadlines and provide technical assistance and ensure minimum quality requirements are met.
They will comply with the core humanitarian principles of neutrality, impartiality, humanity and independence as well as with the principles and mandate of Solidarités International at all times.
List of main tasks:
Setting up the activities /control and supervision
Implementation & Supervision of Water Supply Activities:
The WaSH Electromechanical Officer will be part of the WaSH specialized engineering team, and should collaborate with his/her colleagues, on the measure of his/her specialization to ensure the smooth progress of the WaSH activities.
- Under the supervision of the WaSH TLs and WaSH DPM, take part in logistical and administrative organization and the planning and preparation of activities;
- Design electrical and control installations, and produce technical files concerning electrical installations (BoQs, Scope of work, Drawing etc.) according to the identified needs, standards and available resources.
- Ensure the installation and/or the maintenance of electrical works using Solidarités International tools.
- Supervise contractors and engage with communities, and ensure the best use of available resources
- Anticipate any problems associated with the management of their activities and propose solutions to the WaSH TLs/ DPM to avoid them
- Manage the supply of worksite materials as instructed by the WaSH TLs/ DPM by collaborating with the logistics department
- Report to the WaSH TLs/ DPM on the state of ‘field’ stock on his/her sites
- Take part to the evaluation of the technical competence of contractors
- Respect Solidarités administrative procedures before, during and after each work project
- Establish safety and security measures for each activity and ensure that these rules are respected by the workforce under his/ her supervision and by the population
- Provide technical training to technical operators to ensure the safe and appropriate use of facilities installed.
- Collaborate with local authorities and administration to ensure access and authorized works as requested by the WaSH TLs/ DPM.
- Collaborate with other WaSH actor field staff as needed to facilitate the smooth implementation of activities as instructed by the WaSH TLs/ DPM.
- Keep his/her monitoring tools and files archived in the Solidarités office, accessible to the WaSH TL/ DPM or PM
- Take part in the drafting of project progress reports under the supervision of the WaSH TLs/ DPM
- Take part in seminars and workshops related to the carrying-out of activities and to project objectives
- Report to the WASH TLs/ DPM regarding the development of activities and specific tasks that they been assigned, any problems encountered and the quality of relations with the beneficiaries
- Report back all information or problems linked to his/her activity, Solidarités programs or safety issues
- Listen to and coordinate with the local population and authorities in order to identify any needs, complaints, or major events which could affect the activities of Solidarités
- Analyse the humanitarian situation by taking into account protection issues/Do No Harm to the population
- Take part in lessons learnt workshops and other program evaluation activities
- Take part in WaSH-specific inter-agency meetings as well as other bi-lateral meetings as instructed by the WaSH TL/ DPM
ORG CHART POSITION (reporting and functional relationships)
Line manager: Deputy Wash Program Manager
Line report(s) on base: Wash Team Leader
III. Profile required
- Bachelor degree at electro or electromechanical engineering
- Electromechanical engineering knowledge (particularly deep knowledge about electrical installations and electrical design, specially concerning water systems – water supply pumping stations, treatment, chlorination, etc)
- Knowledge to Design electrical and control installations, familiarized with PLC installation and PLC program, as well supervision of field installation;
- Able to design power sources as Diesel Generators, Solar panels, batteries set;
- Must be willing to learn new skills and procedures
- Must be a good team player with good communication skills (Arabic essential, English is desirable)
• Ability to speak and write in English
• Ability to conduct training sessions
Please submit your application (CV, Cover Letter, Photocopies of diplomas, Certificates of employment etc.) to Solidarités International by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Title of the related position must be written in the email subject
NB: The vacancy may close before the deadline. Thank you for your comprehension
Final date for applications: 25th of May 2020