Ended Logistics & Security Assistant
Position Title: Logistics & Security Assistant
Hours: Full time
Responsible to: Project Manager/Country Logistics & Security Officer
Start date: ASAP
Human Appeal is a non-profit organisation working across the globe to strengthen humanity’s struggle against poverty, social injustice and natural disaster. Through the provision of immediate relief and establishment of sustainable development programmes, we aim to invest in real effective solutions.
Now over 27 years, Human Appeal has a presence in 24 countries spanning across 3 regions: Asia, Africa, and middle east in addition to international offices in Europe. 2020 is an exciting time as we continue to build on our achievements to transform the lives of millions of people across the world. We are looking for a dynamic candidate who is passionate about international development to join our Human Appeal Yemen team.
The Logistics Assistant will be responsible for logistical arrangements for project’s activities. The Assistant will work in collaboration with project's staffs for the organization and execution of planning and preparation of implementation of the activities. The Assistant will report to project Manager and Technically to the Country logistics Officer. He/she will be responsible for logistics tasks under the supervision of Project Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Logistics Assistant will support the project staff in day-to-day implementation of the logistics activities. The duties are specified in particular as follows:
- Coordinate with Project Manager/ Country Logistics Officer to ensure management of vehicle fleets is in line with Human Appeal standards; ensure appropriate allocation and safe use of vehicles throughout the program and ensure servicing and maintenance schedules are adhered to.
- Support Project manager to provide data to monitor and evaluate the overall logistics performance in support of the programs.
- Contributes to procurement process for office property, expendable supplies and services.
- Follows-up the activities and tasks undertaken by contractors as indicated in the signed service/procurement contracts or Purchase Orders & Ensures full compliance and application of standard procurement rules, procedures and best practices;
- Updates the field office procurement plan;
- Follow up & Process for all payments related to procurement, logistics and routine transactions according to HA’s policy and guidelines for project.
- Establish and maintain good contacts with suppliers, government offices, and other NGOs concerning logistical matters.
- Ensure proper filing of the Management system including procurement tracker and reporting on time.
- Support Logistics Officer to design and develop standard operating procedures to manage logistics operations efficiently.
- Coordinate and cooperate with the Project Manager / Country Logistics Officer to develop logistical plans for current operations.
- Coordinate with the Country Logistics Officer to develop reports on materials and personnel movements and various operational logistics problems.
- Coordinate & manage all transportation requirements, including: vehicle log book (VLB) fuel, maintenance, servicing, and ensuring that all vehicles are fully equipped with tool kits, First Aid kits, and other relevant equipment for any short and/or long journey &directly supervise drivers managing their schedules.
- Closely coordinate with the other departments and other program staff to ensure accuracy of the Human Appeal Field inventory database (stocks) on daily basis and prepare documentation/reports for internal use and submission on weekly or monthly basis as required.
- Maintain and update all assets by the right registering project code according to Human Appeal standards & Maintain inventory database for assets, office supplies and warehouses, and conduct periodic inventory checks. Submit inventory reconciliation reports to Procurement on monthly basis.
- Carry out all duties assigned by Project Manager & Country Logistics Officer.
- Due to the nature of the program’s activities, the above-mentioned tasks are indicative only and are subject to change. Others/additional tasks may be delegated to meet programmatic objectives.
- Being the key point of contact for safety and security related activities and issues in the region, both preventative and responsive.
- Assist with the implementation of safety policies, safety rules, and standard operating procedures (SOPs) related to the safe implementation of program activities.
- Assist in the process of reviewing/updating risk assessments and other safety/security documentation is conducted.
- Assist in tracking of access and operations and in monitoring of staff field movements.
- Providing security orientation to newly assigned staff members.
- Collect, verify, and submit timely and regular updates regarding issues that affect, or may affect the organization’s operations.
- Deliver required documentations which are required by staff and visitors for concerned authorities.
- Process the required movement permits from authorities – SCMCHA and liaise with other actors for staff movement matters.
- Assist in the process of de-confliction procedures by submitting requests and regular update/follow up.
- Assist with required documentations in order to meet the requirements by SCMCHA regarding registration of organization and sub-agreements.
- Monitor the evolving situation in specified tasked areas of operations in coordination with other INGOs.
- Assist in incident and emergencies by carrying out assigned tasks in order to maintain prompt action and support for staff.
- Carry out building and guards and vehicles check.
- Advise and assist the procurement of safety equipment.
- Conduct regular field site assessments and advise on mitigation measures.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Proactive, Honest, initiative , cooperative
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- University degree in (Supply Chain management, Logistic) and/or related field
Qualifications and experience:
- Minimum 2-3 years of working experience in a similar role with INGO,s.
- Good in written and verbal English and Arabic is required. Must be able to read and interpret documents, and communicate with others as necessary to perform job duties effectively
- Good in standard Microsoft Office package (Word, Excel, Outlook) and typing.
- Excellent ability to work in a team and to mediate.
- Experience of prioritizing workload, time management and dealing with conflicting priorities
- Excellent organizational and communication skills and teamwork-oriented.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage personal stress levels.
- Previous experience in field offices is a desirable.
- Please send your English CV to email@example.com
- Clearly write the Position Name + Duty Station that you are applying for in the Email subject.
- RECRUITMENT IS URGENT: Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date, as CVs will be reviewed as they are submitted and INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED ON A ROLLING BASIS.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 25 / May/ 2020