Ended Project Assistant (CCCM/SNFI)
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position :PROJECT ASSISTANT (CCCM/SNFI)
Organizational Unit: CCCM/SNFI
Duty Station: Yemen, Marib
IOM Classification: M 4
Type of Appointment: Special Short-Term (SST) MPH Contract, 6 Months (Renewable)
SVN No.: CFCV2020/069
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: Tuesday 26, May 2020
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates
Working under the overall supervision of the Program Manager (CCCM/SNFI) and the direct supervision of the Operations Officer (CCCM/SNFI), the Project Assistant (CCCM/SNFI) will support the implementation of IOM’s humanitarian assistance directly in the field.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- In coordination with the Programme Assistant, support in organizing and monitoring IOM’s emergency field teams to undertake site assessments, site management, and CCCM/SNFI interventions.
- Support and coordinate with field teams in undertaking and monitoring assessments and distributions to IDPs, host communities, returnees and other affected communities across the governorate or other governorate as required.
- Support in organizing and monitoring site assessments at IDP sites, collecting information on overall services available, including SNFI, CCCM, WASH and other basic needs of the population.
- Support in monitoring CCCM/SNFI interventions, assessments and activities conducted by IOM implementing partners as and when required, and report back on progress and issues.
- Assist in coordinating adequate distribution of work and monitor progress of staff on the ground.
- Ensure assessment and verification forms are completed fully and correctly, supporting the field team to correct errors.
- Support in organizing monitoring activities, including focus group discussions and post distribution monitoring surveys for beneficiaries assisted directly by IOM and through implementing partners.
- Support in the organization of hourly/daily staff as required, ensuring attendance is tracked and staff are remunerated as required, coordinating closely with HR and finance units.
- Support the Programme Manager and Operations Officer in building capacity of and training field staff, daily/hourly workers and partner staff on undertaking CCCM/SNFI assessments, and all type of emergency interventions.
- Maintain positive relationships with beneficiaries, area representatives, community leaders and local authorities to facilitate IOMs work in target areas.
- Assist in any additional administrative duties as required for the project including preparation of PRs, PRFs and other tasks as required.
- Any other duties as required.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University Degree/Certificate or Bachelors degree in a profession related to administration, information management, engineering or relevant field.
- Minimum Four Years Experience (Two for Bachelors Degree holders) in the humanitarian sector preferable and working in emergency projects with vulnerable individuals as well as managing small- medium sized teams.
Languages English and Arabic
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Female with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via the following link
All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
“Only shortlisted candidates will be contracted”
Posting period: From 13.May.2020 to 26.May.2020