Ended Project Officer Landmine and Gender
Appel de Genève / Geneva Call is looking for Project Officer Landmine and Gender / Aden
Geneva Call is an independent, neutral and impartial humanitarian, not for profit, non-governmental organization that promotes the respect for international humanitarian norms in armed conflicts and other situations of armed violence, in particular regarding the protection of civilians. Geneva Call is registered as a Foundation under Swiss law. It works in conflict zones around the globe.
Geneva Call is implementing a programme to improve protection of civilians in the context of the armed conflict in Yemen through engagements with armed actors and raising awareness of Yemeni civil society and community elders on humanitarian norms.
Position / Title: Project Officer Landmine and Gender
Département / Department: Program UNIT
Lieu de travail / Work place: Aden, Yemen
Rôle / Overall activities
Support the Programme Coordinator and partners in programme development and management in the thematic areas of AP Landmines, explosive remnants of war, gender-based violence and gender discrimination
General description and main activities
Being responsible for programme development and management
- Support the Programme Coordinator for program development in his/her respective thematic areas.
- Take lead in programme implementation in his/Respective thematic areas.
- Support partner CSOs with technical assistance and on job training in his/her thematic areas
- Monitor partners activities in field and submit updates to the Programme Coordinator
- Draft intial progress reports and donor updates on his/her themiatic areas
Being responsible for communication and organizational representation in respective the themiatic areas
- Develop monitoring tools to monitor sector related events data base
- Provide updates on monthly basis to the Programme Coordinator
- Support partner CSOs in communication dissemination activities in her/his thematic areas
- Represent Geneva Call in related forums in his/her thematic areas
- Take lead in to cover the Programme Coordinator in his/her absence in thematic areas
- Collect updates, case studies from field working with partner CSOs in respective thematic areas
Being responsible for capacity building support role in respective thematic areas
- Support the Programme Coordinator in capacity building of partner CSOs in his/her thematic areas.
- Support in provission of updates for talking points to management in respective thematic areas.
- Provide sector related cultural senstitive updates for dessimination material development
- Support Communication Officer in development and dessimination of communication materials
- Take lead arranging capacity building trainings for partner CSOs
- Develop trianing report and capacity development score sheets
- Graduate Degree in international relations, gender and security studies, social sciences or other related fields
- At least 3 years of work experience in the field of mines and ERW action, risk awareness and gender in humanitarian or international organizations
- Direct experience of working in a conflict zone and researching armed groups is highly des
- Knowledge of landmies, explosive remnants of war, and gender-based violence issues and related tools
- Knowledge of international law on landmines, explosvive remnants of war and gender discimination
- Experience of engaging CSOs, armed groups and other stakeholders
- Strong presentation and writing skills in Arabic and English
- Demonstrable knowledge of issues of humanitarian affairs and related gender issues
- Very strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of security dynamics in conflict zones
- Strong logic and organizational skills, flexibility and adaptability to change
- Report writing skills
- Proficient with MS Office
- Excellent written and oral skills in Arabic and English
- High level of integrity and accountability
- Natural affinity for networking and relationships building
- Self-starter and Flexibility
- Be exemplary in portraying Geneva Call’s values and ethics
- Good team player and facilitator of team work
- Sharing knowledge and encouraging the learning of others
- Drive for results
- Master degree would be a plus
- Planning and delivering training
Conflict of interest
Any candidate affiliated to, or openly supporting, one or more interest groups opposed to the Foundation’s principles and values, or whose previous position could engender safety issues for co-workers at Appel de Genève / Geneva Call, will be excluded from this selection process.
- Position: Project Officer Landmine and Gender
- Based in Aden 100%
- Preferred start date : As soon as possible
- Yemeni National, eligible to work in country
To apply, please send your cover letter, CV, work certificate / recommendation letter and diploma in PDF format to
firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 25, May 2020.
All applications will be kept confidential. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further process.
Geneva Call is an equal opportunity employer