Ended Warehouse Manager
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an independent, neutral organization ensuring humanitarian protection and assistance for victims of war and armed violence. Please visit www.icrc.org for more information.
The ICRC is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of:
Contract type: Open Ended.
Duty Station: ADEN
The Warehouse Manager ensures that general warehousing activities are properly carried out in line with standard operating procedures (SOPs). S/he organizes and plans the warehouse’s activities and has final responsibility for the inventory.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Ensures that goods are received, stored and dispatched according to the SOPs; immediately reports any problems or discrepancies.
- Ensures that warehouse space is well utilized and makes recommendations for layout changes.
- Ensures that goods are properly segregated within the warehouse.
- Ensures that warehouse regulations and rules on pest control and hygiene are applied.
- Records information and is responsible for filing and providing statistics and other reports.
- Ensures that bin cards and stock cards are kept up to date.
- Organizes inventory counts, records and investigates claims and takes corrective action.
- Determines order preparation and planning along with the entire supply chain.
- Ensures that cargo manifests and related documentation, permits and licences are received and properly handled at the dispatch warehouse and for export.
- Ensures that warehouse statistics are accurate.
Scope & Impact
- Geographical remit: local.
- Recruits and supervises the warehouse staff.
- Internally, interacts with other logistics staff.
- Externally, interacts with service providers and suppliers.
- University degree or high-level technical degree (graduate level); specialization in inventory management an asset.
- Good command (spoken and written) of English or French.
- Computer proficiency (Microsoft Word and Excel, warehousing-management tools).
- Knowledge of enterprise resource planning software an asset.
Professional Experience Required
- 6 years' experience in a similar position.
- Confirmed people-management experience.
- People management
- Team work & Collaboration
- Representing the ICRC
- Beneficiary & Client focused
- Letter of Motivation in English
- C.V. in English (maximum 3 pages);
- Copies of the Academic Certificates, Work Certificates, and Letters of Recommendation if any.
Please send your applications by email to: email@example.com
indicating in the subject line: Warehouse Manager
Applications with no clear indication of the subject will not be considered
Deadline to send your application: 27.05.2020