Title: HR Assistant
Responsible to: HR Admin Coordinator
Start date: ASAP
Duty Station: Sanaa
About Human Appeal:
Human Appeal is a non-profit organization working across the globe to strengthen humanity’s struggle against poverty, social injustice and natural disaster. Through the provision of immediate relief and establishment of sustainable development programmes, we aim to invest in real effective solutions.
Now over 25 years, Human Appeal has a presence in 24 countries spanning across 3 continents: Asia, Africa and Europe. 2018 is an exciting time as we continue to build on our achievements to transform the lives of millions of people across the world. Human Appeal looking for a dynamic candidate who is passionate about international development to join our Human Appeal Yemen team.
The HR assistant is responsible for ensuring strict adherence to all HR/Admin policy and procedures such as recruitment, orientation. The Admin/HR coordinator will contribute to the development of the team and will participate in reviewing the administrative and human resource policy and procedures.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruitment and Selection: support the HR Coordinator and facilitate on recruitments. Responsible for advertising recruitments, taking part in interviews and carrying out pre-employment checks.
- Coordinate communication with candidates and schedule interviews
- Orientation and exits: Ensure new staff receive an appropriate orientation, including receiving an explanation of and committing to Code of Conduct. Ensure clearance and debriefing is carried out for exiting staff.
- Personnel administration: Responsible for ensuring the following are accurate, complete and up to date - personnel files, management of leave, management of contracts, administration of health insurance scheme,. Ensure confidentiality is maintained in regard to all sensitive personnel data.
- Make sure all national staff Time sheet are submitted on time, accurate and properly filed.
- Assist with day to day operations of the HR functions and duties.
- Assist in payroll preparation by providing relevant data.
- Follow up on staff social security.
- Perform other duties assigned by the HR & Admin Coordinator.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- University degree in business administration, HR, social science or other relevant field;
- At least two years in HR, ideally with INGO, with demonstrable experience in:
- Recruitment and selection
- Basic knowledge of labor laws
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong communications skills
- Degree in Human Resources or related field
- Hands-on experience with an HRIS
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
- Transparency and Accountability
- Agility and Innovation
- Please send your English CV to email@example.com
- Clearly write the Position Name + Duty Station that you are applying for in the Email subject.
- RECRUITMENT IS URGENT: Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date, as CVs will be reviewed as they are submitted and INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED ON A ROLLING BASIS.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 30 / May/ 2020