Ended Liaison Officer
Handicap International is an independent and impartial international aid organization working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. Working alongside persons with disabilities and other vulnerable groups, our action and testimony are focused on responding to their essential needs, improving their living conditions and promoting respect for their dignity and their fundamental rights. Handicap International is a not-for-profit organization with no religious or political affiliation. More information can be found at http://www.handicap-international.org
GLOBAL OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION
Under the direct line management of the Area Manager South, the Liaison Officer will be responsible to liaise with external key stake holders, submit and follow-up the requests to the authorities for issuance of visas, travel permits, sub-agreements, principal agreement, scheduling meetings and ensuring the information sharing mechanisms are in place in line with HI information sharing guidelines and procedures, and ensure that all activities of Handicap International in Yemen are in conformity with the legal framework of Yemeni law.
Line manager: Area Manager-South
Technical Referent: Liaison Advisor
Team Managed: none
In collaboration with: security officer, Human Resources Coordinator
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS DESCRIPTION
- Support Area Manager South to liaise with governmental authorities relevant to HI projects counterparts under the area of responsibility
- When needed, and requested by the line manager, support the liaising between government departments or offices with Handicap International representatives
- Assist in collecting information, data and documents relevant to specific activities and liaise with the corresponding department for the completion of all required paperwork required by the government entities
- Provide assistance to achieve the approval and signature by the government authorities of principal agreement(s), sub-agreements, work and travel permits
- Ensure that the position holder is aware of the latest information in relation to the governmental regulations and policies around NGOs regulations, and keep management updated on it. As needed, the position holder will be required to liaise with the authorities to get notifications and written directives
- Assist the line manager in processing the visas of international staff members and visitors, residences requests, government permits, security clearance, exit visas etc., and update the management through line manager. Keep staff and management updated as required
- Ensure that the documents are translated as appropriate for submission to the relevant sections as per the government set procedures. Also, translating the documents, notifications and letters from government and sharing with management
- Prepare and keep the tracker updated on progress update of visas, sub-agreements, travel and resident permits, etc.
- Upon manager request, liaise and maintain good relationship with government, police, government agencies, airport and immigration authorities and other power stake holders to facilitate the HI work and operations
- Provide administrative support to Area Manager South and maintain the record in proper filling system both in hard and soft form
- Develop and maintain good relationship with other INGOs Liaison to remain aware of the best practices
- Carry out any other tasks as assigned by supervisor
JOB CHARACTERISTICS / REQUIREMENTS:
Educational background and experience:
- Minimum 2 years in the humanitarian field with preferably 1 year’ experience as liaison officer for INGO or UN
- Non-military background
- Strong experience in context analysis and networking
- Strong knowledge in the requirements to work and move outside of Aden
- Good understanding of the governmental structures and key interlocutors for INGOs
- Existing network preferable
Skills and qualities:
- Ability to work under pressure with a high level of personal organization and flexibility
- Good communication and reporting skills
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and to HI’s mandate
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills
- Proactive, hardworking and discreet
Required languages & IT skills:
- Working proficiency in both English and Arabic mandatory (oral and written)
- Strong command of Microsoft Office Package
Note that working time can go up to 48 hours per week (according to the Yemen labour law) if it is required by the volume of activities and by the line manager.
- The salary will be defined according to HI’s existing salary scale
- Based in Aden, with frequent movements to the field
- 30 day leave/year + benefits (transport allowance, health insurance, life insurance)
- The working hours are the following: 8:00 to 16:30 (with 30 minutes lunch break) from Sunday to Thursday.
- Note that working time can go up to 48 hours per week (according to the Yemen labor law) if it is required by the volume of activities and by the line manager.
Interested candidates may please send their CV with cover letter in English, with the reference in the email subject: YEME/HR/2020/SUPP/LIAISONOFFICER/ADEN+ Applicant full name
Deadline for applications is 11:30 pm on (Tuesday 26th May 2020)
Please address all applications to: email@example.com
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Handicap International, is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
This position is urgent, recruitment will be done on a rolling basis