Deputy project Manager (Cash Assistant)
Vacancy Announcement – Deputy Project Manager (Cash Assistant) - AlDhalee
ACTED Organization Summary:
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential. ACTED is active in 37 countries and implements more than 450 projects a year reaching over 8 million beneficiaries with 400 international staff and 4,300 national staff.
ACTED has been present in Yemen since early 2012 and has been anchored to the governorates of Hodeida, Raymah, Ibb, Aden-Dhalee, Saadah and Al Jawf.
Through its comprehensive programming ACTED has been covering the full continuum of emergency, rehabilitation and development in Yemen. Emergency activities have focused in the sectors of Agriculture & Food Security (e.g. distribution of crop seeds, and livestock), Economic Recovery and Market Systems (e.g. income-generating activities such as cash for work), and WASH (e.g. rehabilitation of water supply facilities, hygiene promotion). ACTED’s food security activities include distribution of food vouchers, which are a key component of ACTED’s interventions in the country.
ACTED Organization is pleased to announce the below job vacancy with the following details:
Position: Deputy project Manager (Cash Assistant)
Contract Type: Fixed term
Contract Duration: 6 months, renewable
- Project Planning
- Support the development of the overall project implementation strategy (incl. the transition/phase out strategy), systems, approaches, tools, and materials in line with the guidelines agreed upon by the CCY;
- Support the identification and planning possible trainings on technical skills and requirements to implement the project as per relevant standards;
- Prepare the work plan of the activities
- Assist in the organization and planning of the project kick-off, monthly project review and close out meetings, and follow-up on the project-related action points originating from these meetings.
- Participate in technical meetings as assigned by the Project Coordinator
- Project Implementation Follow-up
- Help controlling the work plan, monitor the implementation status of the project and update the project progress on a daily basis;
- Assist in documenting implementation progress and challenges by regularly updating the Project Management Framework (PMF) and the monthly report and sharing it with country coordination;
- Contributes to donor reporting as requested by the Project Development Department
- Ensure that relevant technical quality and standards set by the CCY technical working groups are considered and respected during project implementation;
- Operate following the “do no harm principles” in order to ensure projects are safe for communities;
- Help anticipating and mitigating risks and issues, and trouble-shoot any unforeseen challenges during the project implementation;
- Support the coordination and the management of changes in project implementation, in particular identifying change needs to occur, reviewing proposed changed, analyzing the impact they have on the project plan, approving/denying requested changes and controlling and updating the scope, cost, budget, schedule, and quality requirements based upon approved changes and in coordination with the Project Development Unit and the Finance Department;
- Provide regular and timely updates on progress and challenges to supervisors and other team members.
- Documenting and Compliance
- Ensure project records and documents, in particular documents that proof completion of activities (beneficiary list, donation certificates, attendance sheets, etc.) are adequately prepared, compiled and filed according to ACTED procedures and donor specific procedures;
- Help maintaining a beneficiary master database containing all beneficiary registration and baseline information as well as the activities from which the beneficiaries benefitted ensure the data is protected from misuse in line with ACTED’s data protection policy;
- Ensure staff awareness of, and respect of, ACTED’s code of conduct, FLATS procedures and donor requirements.
- Assist with internal and external audit visits as requested by the Compliance Department
- Beneficiary Engagement and Accountability
- Ensure project staff adhere to ACTED’s Code of Conduct and treat all beneficiaries with respect and without any distinction or discrimination based on nationality, race, ethnicity, tribe, gender, religious beliefs, political opinion or disability;
- Help overseeing the appropriate, achievable and acceptable selection of project beneficiaries, in line with CCY guidelines and project requirements;
- Assist in the development a communication strategy with communities so that factual, objective and actionable information is provided to project stakeholders;
- Ensure project stakeholders are empowered to participate throughout the project cycle;
- Ensure that ACTED’s Complaints and Response Mechanism is communicated to target communities and solve complaints related to the project in coordination with the AMEU.
- Internal Coordination
- Help organizing regular project coordination meetings with project team;
- Participate in Weekly Area Meetings (WAMs) and provide updates about implementation progress, challenges, risks, changes in context.
- Coordinate with other ACTED teams as requested by the Project Coordinator to contribute to harmonization of project activities on the area
- External Coordination and Stakeholder Engagement
- Support, facilitate or undertake communication and liaison activities to actively consult and involve beneficiaries, key informants, actors, partners and stakeholders in all stages of project design (liaising with the PD and Liaison unit) and implementation;
- Coordinate and collaborate with others by cultivating good relations with key humanitarian actors – local and international, including government authorities and non-state actors as well as consortium partners, through regular attendance at technical meetings and bilateral meetings;
- Assist the identification of opportunities to collaborate and coordinate efforts with other organizations within and outside the CCY to ensure our activities build upon - rather than replicate - the work of others;
- Flag unmet needs to be referred to relevant actors;
- Share externally learning and innovation with communities and other stakeholders.
- Partner Management
- Provide support to consortium partners in project implementation as requested;
- Participate in review meetings with partners if requested, and report about the meeting outcomes to his/her supervisor.
- Participate in trainings or delegate participants to trainings organized by the Consortium
- Cooperate with other CCY partners as mandated by the Project Coordinator
- Support with the context analysis in the project implementation area by identifying and following micro signals (e.g. security indicators, socio-economic indicators) and support the Area Coordinator and the Security Department in preparing the monthly update of SEC-02GZ;
- Ensure project stakeholders have a good image of ACTED thus increasing the acceptance of ACTED’s presence and activities in the project implementation area;
- Help managing the movement of the project implementation team and ensure that the movement SOPs are strictly respected by the team members;
- When necessary, negotiate access with local stakeholders.
2. Human Resource
- Help defining the structure of the project team and develop project organizational chart within the limitations of the budget;
- Assist the development and/or adjustment of ToRs outlining staff roles and responsibilities in line with ACTED standards;
- Support the submission of recruitment plan for the project to HR Department;
- Participate in the recruitment of technical project staff;
- Ensure that project staff understand and are able to perform their roles and responsibilities;
- Follow-up the work plans and day-to-day activities of the project staff;
- Ensure a positive working environment and good team dynamics;
- Undertake regular appraisals of staff and follow career management;
- Manage interpersonal conflicts;
- Ensure capacity building among staff in relevant sectors.
- Participate in the procurement planning processes, identify procurement scenario that need to be waived, launch procurements required for the project in a timely manner, and follow procurements closely in collaboration with logistics;
- Send accurate and precise order forms and annexes in a timely manner;
- Follow-up closely project stock levels in coordination with logistics, and monitor pro-actively current, pipeline, distributed and required stock;
- Participate in effective fleet management through timely and reasonable vehicle requests;
- Ensure that the project team has adequate assets necessary for performing its duties.
- Ensure all the activities are planned in advance and forecasted in the BFU through accurate BOQs
- Participate in the review of the BFU, and forecast initial and regular costs and cross-check expenditures for projects activities;
- Help forecasting monthly cash requirements of the project and submit to Finance base officer and AC;
- Participate in new budget development processes through the provision of expert programmatic advice related to contextual knowledge.
5. Quality Control
- Participate in AMEU planning processes and actively support the delivery of AMEU activities in line with the project AME framework and AME Manual;
- Assist in the planning and organization of internal qualitative assurance checks by the project team;
- Participate in donor, consortium or third party monitoring visits
- Assess the activities undertaken and ensure efficient use of resources;
- Undertake regular field visits to provide technical guidance and supervision as well as regularly monitor the progress of project activities;
- Discuss, plan and deliver appropriate corrective actions, including based on AME findings and recommendations;
- Assist in the collection and application of appropriate lessons learnt and best practices to current projects, and ensure these lessons learnt are pro-actively shared with supervisor, the AMEU and other team members to apply them in future project development processes.
6. Grant Management
- Report regularly on project activities, challenges and indicators through monthly submissions of the PMF and PM report;
- Contribute to the organization of the project close-out meeting and monthly Project Review Meetings and follow-up on the project-related action points originating from this meeting;
- Participate in communication activities through the regular collection of pictures and stories related to project activities, in line with ACTED and donor guidelines;
- Participate in new proposal development processes through the provision of expert programmatic advice related to contextual knowledge;
- Offer technical support and inputs to other projects in similar sectors (e.g. BOQ design);
- Any other tasks as assigned by the Line Manager.
Job Requirement (Qualification and Experience)
- University/college degree (at least BA/BSc)
- At least 2 years in project management (senior position) including experience managing emergency projects
- Good knowledge of budget management tools
- Experience in managing cash distributions programming (senior position)
- Experience in reporting and external relations
- Result oriented, strategic thinking personality
- Field oriented personality: the position requires regular travels to the field for several weeks
- Ability to cope with stressful situations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer literacy (MS Office, cloud-based storage)
- Excellent level of both written and spoken English
- Ability to plan, prioritize and multitask
- Experience in managing ECHO funded projects
- Knowledge of working with Financial Service Providers
- Experience in assistance to IDPs
- Good understanding of Covid-19 issues, prevention and response measures
- Knowledge of ACTED finance, logistic, HR procedures and ACTED Project Manager tools
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send an application comprising a detailed CV and a cover letter in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- PLEASE state in the subject line of the e-mail: DPM (Cash Assistant) and rename your CV & cover letter as: First & Last name+ DPM (Cash Assistant)
- The closing date for the applications is: Sunday, 31 May 2020.
- Candidates from AlDhalee governorate are strongly encouraged to apply.
Contacting any ACTED staff member other than the contact details listed in regard to this job will result in disqualification