Ended Project Officer (Cash Assistant)
Vacancy Announcement – Project Officer (Cash Assistant) - AlDhalee
ACTED Organization Summary:
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential. ACTED is active in 37 countries and implements more than 450 projects a year reaching over 8 million beneficiaries with 400 international staff and 4,300 national staff.
ACTED has been present in Yemen since early 2012 and has been anchored to the governorates of Hodeida, Raymah, Ibb, Aden-Dhalee, Saadah and Al Jawf.
Through its comprehensive programming ACTED has been covering the full continuum of emergency, rehabilitation and development in Yemen. Emergency activities have focused in the sectors of Agriculture & Food Security (e.g. distribution of crop seeds, and livestock), Economic Recovery and Market Systems (e.g. income-generating activities such as cash for work), and WASH (e.g. rehabilitation of water supply facilities, hygiene promotion). ACTED’s food security activities include distribution of food vouchers, which are a key component of ACTED’s interventions in the country.
ACTED Organization is pleased to announce the below job vacancy with the following details:
Position: Project Officer (Cash Assistant)
Contract Type: Fixed term
Contract Duration: 6 months, renewable
1.1 Project Planning
a. Prepare the work plan and time schedules for implementing the cash distribution activities according to donor requirements;
1.2 Project Implementation Follow-up
- Coordinate and implement day to day project activities with stakeholders in field ensuring that CCY technical quality and standards are considered and respected during project implementation;
- Ensure project activities are on time, target and budget, liaising with AME department to ensure appropriate monitoring of all project activities as set in the AME workplan;
- Assist the Project Manager to trouble-shoot any unforeseen challenges during the project implementation;
- Provide regular and timely updates on progress and challenges to the Project Manager and other team members;
1.3 Documenting and Compliance
- Keep record of all cash distribution documents, in particular beneficiary list, completion certificates, attendance sheets, etc. in line with ACTED procedures
- Help maintaining a beneficiary master database containing all beneficiary registration and baseline information as well as the cash activities from which the beneficiaries benefitted ensure the data is protected from misuse in line with ACTED’s data protection policy;
- Ensure staff awareness of, and respect of, ACTED’s code of conduct, FLATS procedures and donor requirements.
1.4 Beneficiary Engagement and Accountability
- Adhere to ACTED’s Code of Conduct and treat all beneficiaries with respect and without any distinction or discrimination based on nationality, race, ethnicity, tribe, gender, religious beliefs, political opinion or disability;
- Contribute to the selection of the beneficiaries benefitting from cash distribution activities according to the guidelines set by Cash Consortium Yemen;
- Communicate ACTED’s Complaints and Response Mechanism target communities and participate in solving complaints related to the project in coordination with the AMEU.
1.5 Internal Coordination
- Participate in project coordination meetings with the whole project team.
1.6 External Coordination and Stakeholder Engagement
- Undertake communication and liaison activities to actively consult and involve beneficiaries, key informants, actors, partners and stakeholders in all stages of project design and implementation, in cooperation with ACTED’s Liaison department;
- Cultivate good relations with key humanitarian actors – local and international, including government authorities and non-state actors as well as consortium partners, through regular attendance at technical meetings and bilateral meetings;
- Identify opportunities to collaborate and coordinate efforts with other organizations within and outside the Consortium to ensure our activities build upon - rather than replicate - the work of others.
- Ensure that each member of the project team is aware of security issues, policies, SOPs and they follow them accordingly.
2. Human Resource
- Support the PM in the recruitment of cash assistants (development of organigrams, ToRs, elaborating the tests and reviewing them; interviews etc.);
- Ensure that assistants understand and are able to perform their roles and responsibilities;
- Follow-up the work plans and day-to-day activities of the project assistants;
- Manage the project staff in cooperation with the Project Manager;
- Ensure a positive working environment and good team dynamics among staff;
- Ensure capacity building among staff in cash distributions.
- Contribute to the development of procurement plans;
- Support the PM for the preparation and sharing of accurate and precise order forms in a timely manner;
- Ensure a proper management and use of the project assets and stocks;
- Support the PM in the planning of team movements based on available fleet and applicable policies.
- Support the PM in the preparation of BOQs
- Forecast monthly cash requirements for [sector] activities and submit to the PM
5. Quality Control
- Assess the cash distribution activities undertaken and ensure efficient use of resources;
- Undertake regular field visits to provide technical guidance and supervision as well as regularly monitor the progress of project activities;
- Assists with monitoring the cash distribution activities implemented by partners in the field;
- Document lessons learned and best practices and share them with the Project Manager so they can be reflected in project planning and decision making.
6. Grant Management
- Support the Project Manager in the preparation of progress and final reports, ensuring the quality and accuracy of technical information for cash distribution activities
- Participate in communication activities through the regular collection of pictures and stories related to project activities;
- Offer technical support and inputs to other projects in similar sectors (e.g. BOQ design);
- Any other tasks as assigned by the Line Manager.
Job Requirement (Qualification and Experience)
- University degree
- At least 2 years in the humanitarian sector including experience in emergency projects
- Experience in cash distributions programming
- Experience in beneficiary’s identification approach
- Field oriented personality: the position requires regular travels to the field for several weeks
- Experience in supervising others
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Confident level of both written and spoken English
- Experience in communication with large groups
- Good knowledge of Monitoring and Evaluation systems
- Experience in assistance to IDPs
- Good understanding of Covid-19 issues, prevention and response measures
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send an application comprising a detailed CV and a cover letter in English to: email@example.com.
- PLEASE state in the subject line of the e-mail: Project Officer (Cash Assistant) and rename your CV & cover letter as: First & Last name+ Project Officer (Cash Assistant).
- The closing date for the applications is: Sunday, 31 May 2020.
- Candidates from AlDhalee governorate are strongly encouraged to apply.
Contacting any ACTED staff member other than the contact details listed in regard to this job will result in disqualification