Ended Health and Nutrition Field Officer
Location: Shabwa, Yemen
Position: Health & Nutrition Field Officer
Reports to: Project Manager
Duration: Till October 31, 2020
ABOUT RI: Relief International is a leading nonprofit organization working in roughly 20 countries to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty. Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach — which we call the RI Way — emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them.
Under the supervision of the DFID Project Manager and support from Technical Advisors, the Health and Nutrition Field Officer at governorate level will dedicate 100% of his/her time leading, coordinating and ensuring the high-quality implementation of project activities. The H&N Field Officer will be in charge of coordinating closely with all stakeholders and beneficiaries in the targeted governorates and ensure the appropriate implementation of project activities in the field.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure quality and timely field level implementation of the Health and Nutrition program, against set objectives, targets, work plans and budget.
- Participate in drafting and revision of treatment protocols and ensuring that implementation is in accordance national guidelines.
- Assess and identify thee technical gaps at governorate level and work together program manager and the technical advisor to set the needed trainings/ on job trainings based on the staff level and the technical background.
- Mentor and coach the health and nutrition teams in the area of assignment, conducting supportive supervision, and participate in the provision of on-the-job training for program staff and health facility workers.
- Support field assessments, identifying potential needs, designing and implementing response plans.
- Assess and identify the need in the field based on the primary and secondary data, and share it with the management for future activities.
- Support regular health and nutrition program evaluations, rapid assessments identifying needs and making practical recommendations onto address them
- Verify the programs need, and work together with the related parties/ departments to assure the provision to facilitate the work flow.
- Lead the health and nutrition team in the area of assignment and working with the Program Officer supervise program implementation.
- Conduct regular meetings with program staff and share weekly and monthly progress reports with Program Manager.
- In close coordination with Office Coordinator and Program Manager, prepare and share monthly, quarterly, annual and other reports required by MoPHP, and local authorities.
- Develop program weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual activity work plans based on the program work plan and implement activities in a timely manner.
- Ensure successful implementation of program activities and budget management according to program outputs and results.
- Coordinate with the Information Management Officer to review program reporting indicators and reporting tools and ensure program targets are met using indicator / activity tracking tables.
- Coordinate with the Logistics department to improve supply chain management and accountability for health and nutrition supplies
- Participate in relevant sub-coordination meetings/clusters, participate in collaboration and building strong relationships with other implementing partners in the area of assignment
- Support local program supervision visits from donors, MoPHP or authorities or any other relevant parties as assigned by the Program Manager or Office Coordinator
- Work constructively with support teams to ensure sound administrative practices with regards to record keeping, compliance with donor regulations, communications, etc.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s or diploma degree in Public health, or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years of previous experience in Health and nutrition for humanitarian or development projects.
- Management roles preferably in complex emergency programs for INGOs.
- Applicable knowledge working with Health and nutrition statistic databases.
- Minimum 1-year experience in Food distributions or cash transfer programming.
- Very good written English and ability to write good quality reports.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Self-motivated, results-driven and excellent sense of organization.
- Strong team management skills and ability to relate to and effectively motivate staff.
- Ability to represent RI in ministries and local government meetings.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
- Transparency and Accountability
- Agility and Innovation
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to Click Here for submitting their application, the dead line for receiving the application May 26, 2020.
- Females Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted