Ended Field Technical Assistant
Location: Shabwa, Yemen
Position: Field Technical Assistant
Reports to: Health & Nutrition Field Officer
Duration: Till October 31, 2020
ABOUT RI: Relief International is a leading nonprofit organization working in roughly 20 countries to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty. Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach — which we call the RI Way — emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them.
Under the supervision of the H&N Field Officer, the field technical assistant will dedicate 100% of his/her time leading, coordinating and ensuring the high-quality implementation of project activities. The FTA will oversee coordinating closely with all stakeholders and beneficiaries in the targeted districts and ensure the appropriate implementation of project activities in the field.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure quality and timely field level implementation of the Health and Nutrition program, against set objectives, targets, work plans and budget.
- Assess and identify thee technical gaps at facility level and work together program manager and the technical advisor to set the needed trainings/ on job trainings based on the staff level and the technical background.
- Mentor and coach the health and nutrition teams in the area of assignment, conducting supportive supervision, and participate in the provision of on-the-job training for program staff and health facility workers.
- Conduct field assessments, identifying potential needs, designing and implementing response plans.
- Assess and identify the need in the field based on the primary and secondary data, and share it with the management for future activities.
- Support regular health and nutrition program evaluations, rapid assessments identifying needs and making practical recommendations onto address them
- Identify the programs need, and work together with the related parties/ departments to assure the provision to facilitate the work flow.
- Lead the health and nutrition team in the area of assignment and working with the Program Officer supervise program implementation.
- Monitor provision of services in the supported health facilities, and reported to the program officer.
- Follow up with the HFs with any needs (drugs, consumables, staffing, operational costs)
- Coordinate with relevant district authorities, DHOs and community leaders to facilitate implementation of the project activities.
- Participate and contribute to development of the daily, weekly, and monthly plans and reports
- Maintain detailed records and up to date paperwork for all duties as per agreed upon formats.
- Ensure adherence to the principle and objectives of the project, IR and donors policies.
- Verify that beneficiary targeting methodology has been clearly defined and recorded for each district and is adjusted as situation changes to ensure most vulnerable are reached
- Ensure awareness and implementation of appropriate beneficiary/community accountability mechanisms, including responding to Hotline Complaints and community feedback sessions.
- Participate in conducting household visits and running community sessions to carryout Post Distribution Monitoring on partner implementation quality and satisfaction, enter data, and prepare findings for PM.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s or diploma degree in Public health, or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years of previous experience in Health and nutrition for humanitarian or development projects.
- Management roles preferably in complex emergency programs for INGOs.
- Applicable knowledge working with statistic databases.
- Minimum 1-year experience in Food distributions or cash transfer programming.
- Very good written English and ability to write good quality reports.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Self-motivated, results-driven and excellent sense of organization.
- Strong team management skills and ability to relate to and effectively motivate staff.
- Ability to represent RI in high-level meetings with donors and local government
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
- Transparency and Accountability
- Agility and Innovation
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to Click Here for submitting their application, the dead line for receiving the application May 26, 2020.
- Females Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted