Ended Data Entry Assistant
Location: Shabwa, Yemen
Position: Data Entry Assistant
Reports to: Data Management Officer
Duration: Till October 31, 2020
ABOUT RI: Relief International is a leading nonprofit organization working in roughly 20 countries to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty. Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach — which we call the RI Way — emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them.
Under the supervision of the Data Management Officer, the Data Entry Assistant (DEA) will dedicate 100% of his/her time in providing an efficient data entry service and clerical support for data management and analysis. The DEA will have competent IT and data entry skills and office experience as well as a high level of attention to detail and effective organizational and communication skills (both written and interpersonal).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensuring that the data recorded on the data collection forms is entered onto the specific database completely and accurately.
- Identifying any problems with the database and taking appropriate action in discussion with the line supervisor.
- Maintaining adequate records, keeping an up to date filing system.
- Ensuring that appropriate security measures are taken to prevent unauthorized access to data, in accordance with organization security regulations.
- Photocopying documents for dissemination / circulation.
- Any other relevant duties as directed and in line with the grade of the post.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- BA in Information Technology (IT) or other related field.
- Data entry experience with an ability to record data accurately.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced office environment.
- Evidence of organizing and servicing meetings.
- Good IT skills with experience of using MS Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Experience of providing excellent customer service.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Effective organizational skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills including an ability to effectively deal with telephone and email enquiries.
- Evidence of ability to work co-operatively with others to meet tight deadlines.
- Experience of working with confidential data is desirable.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
- Transparency and Accountability
- Agility and Innovation
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to Click Here for submitting their application, the dead line for receiving the application May 26, 2020.
- Females Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted