Ended Health & Nutrition Program Assistant (District Officer) (2)
Position: Health & Nutrition Program Assistant (District Officer) – (2 Positions)
Reports to: Field Health/Nutrition Officer
Duration: Till November 30, 2020 renewable based on fund availability and performance
ABOUT RI: Established in 1990, Relief International (RI) is a leading global humanitarian, nonprofit organization committed to transforming adversity into renewal for the world’s most vulnerable populations. By partnering with communities on the front-lines, RI innovatively bridges the gap between immediate relief and long-term community development, providing them the tools and support they need to gain self-reliance.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor the targeted health facilities in Manakhah ,Safan ,Alhaymah,Alkharijiah .
- Send daily report from the targeted health facilities to the field health/nutrition Officers.
- Follow up with the health facilities with any needs (drugs, consumables)
- Maintain contact with District Health Office (DHO)
- Support and supervise the program in the targeted areas
- Monitor regular follow-up visits for malnourished people to ensure that all are receiving food according to the calculation guidelines and getting timely treatment at home
- Work closely with the team to ensure all people are measured correctly and receive food/systematic treatment according to the treatment protocols
- In liaison with Health team ensure the availability of all medical supplies required to treat the severely and moderately malnourished children at their area
- Monitor the supply chain at the targeted health facilities and ensure rational use of drugs
- Ensure all registered data are accurate
- Check and monitor the distributed items to targeted health facilities
- Ensure infection control measures are applied in the health facilities
- Report any problems in a timely manner to the Field Health/Nutrition Officers.
- Investigate the reasons for slow weight gain, defaulting, absenteeism and share them with outreach supervisor and nutrition specialist
- Perform any other duties assigned by direct supervisor or Project Manager
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
This position is based in the field with daily field visits. Candidates must fulfill the following requirements:
- Must have at least Diploma degree in the nursing or related medical field ( Bachelor degree of general medicine is preferable)
- One year experience in the field work with health facilities
- Share the humanitarian mission of the organization
- Has a very good knowledge in primary health care system
- Proven experience in emergency health and nutrition activities, including field experience in nutrition and health projects
- Flexible and stands working under pressure
- Has strong organizational and communication skills
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
- Transparency and Accountability
- Agility and Innovation
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to Click Here for submitting their application by midnight May 26, 2020.
- RECRUITMENT IS URGENT: Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date, as CVs will be reviewed as they are submitted and INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED ON A ROLLING BASIS.
- Females Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted