Security & Safety Officer This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an independent, neutral organization ensuring humanitarian protection and assistance for victims of war and armed violence. Please visit www.icrc.org for more information.
The ICRC is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of:
Security & Safety Officer 3
Contract type: Open Ended
Number of posts: 1 Post
Duty Station: ADEN
The Security & Safety Officer 3 advises and supports the Mission on potential risks to the ICRC and ensures, together with management, the proper functioning of the Delegation’s security management system.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Develops Security rules and relevant security, safety, and crisis management protocols and ensures periodic reviews and compliance.
- Develops monitoring tools for a number of security-related issues (incidents, passive security measures, car movements, etc.) and ensures all incidents (including near misses) are reported timely in the ICRC tools.
- Holds and participates in the weekly security/safety meetings and provides analysis on developments and potential safety impacts on ICRC staff & assets.
- Provides safety support to all structures and sub-structures within an AoR.
- Assesses and advises the Administration department on passive security and on the content of service contracts, including on issues of data protection.
- Ensures field movement is monitored (through radio communication, mobile phones, or other means).
- Ensures staff and vehicles are equipped with appropriate equipment (communication, first aid, etc.) and know how to use them.
- Prepares briefing or welcome package on safety for all new delegates/staff/visitors in the AoR and oversees the quarterly updating of the Welcome file (Security and Safety section).
- Develops an effective functioning protocol for the security contractor to comply with (Entry/Exit, screening, visitor handling, movement of material, compound security, etc.) tailored for the different ICRC (sub-)structures.
- Ensures contingency plans, evacuation plans, are in place and up to date and that staff is trained on how to behave in case of emergency (Fire/Medical evacuation, mass demonstrations, natural disasters, etc.).
- Ensures systematic capacity building of the security and safety department.Relationships
- Internally, interacts within the ICRC delegation/office and Security Risk Management Advisers.
- Externally interacts with a network of interlocutors related to ICRC security.
- Reports to the DHoM Field or her / his replacement.
- University degree in a similar field of activity.
- Security & safety management background, experience in crisis management an asset, possible
- background in military, police, or emergency services
- Fluent knowledge of English and mastery of the local language.
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel).
Professional Experience Required
- 6-9 years experience in a similar field of activity.
- People management
- Team work & Collaboration
- Representing the ICRC
- Beneficiary & Client focused
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل