Ended Case Management Medical Doctor
Case Management Medical Doctor (Aden & Lahj)
Save the Children International (SCI) Yemen Country Programme has an annual budget of around USD 70 million and growing, working mainly on the humanitarian response to the ongoing conflict and its impact including more recently on the cholera outbreak. The SCI Yemen has over 700 staff and 1500 volunteers and works in nine governorates in the north and south of the country through seven field offices and two sub-offices in addition to the main office in Sana’a.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY :
- In collaboration with the Program Officer, assess the WATSAN facilities for rehabilitation requirements.
- Develop detailed bills of quantities (BOQ) and drawings for the construction/Rehabilitation works required at the sanitation facilities in the health centres, based on assessment and program requirements, ensuring that recommended work is child-friendly and within the minimum SPHERE standard.
- Develop rehabilitation and construction project budget estimates.
- Work with program Officer to draw up works tender documents and provide technical support to Bid Committees.
- Supervise the construction/rehabilitation process, ensuring that it is completed within timelines and according to approved BOQs.
- Where necessary, take samples for laboratory testing of materials and workmanship
- Ensure that variations are approved by WASH TA/WASH manager according to SC procedures before giving work order to the contractor
- Verify incoming materials are of the highest quality and from acceptable country of origin.
- Certify achievement of contractual milestones, and provide report to WASH Officer so payment to contractors can be processed
- Develop and implement safety standard checklists ensuring that children’s safety is central
- Seek and obtain appropriate government sign-off on works at the critical stages; especially at the start and completion
- Ensure the Contractor is compliant with Statutory Law and SC safety and security protocols on all construction/rehab sites.
- As appropriate, ensure that the contractor maintains proper inventory control systems of commodities/goods transactions
- Coordinate the project construction activities with other local actors (governmental and non-governmental). Build strong relationship with local and government partners, Local Water and Sanitation Company and Ministary of Education Offices.
- Write and submit weekly activity reports and filed visit reports at critical points of the construction/rehabilitation works.
Comply with Save the Children policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
- Work in conjunction with medical care providers in Yemen including hospitals, Health centers and pharmacies; ensuring child friendly and quality service for all children and adolescents cases admitted through SCI and its implementing partners.
- Conduct risk reduction counseling and risk assessment for all contracted health service providers with all clients to prevent child protection risks, and health risks including transmission of communicable diseases (including COVID 19, Cholera, HIV ..etc)
- Conduct initial pre-screening of clients to determine eligibility for services and appropriateness of case management services and Identification of children referred through case management team including community based networks and social workers including children with disabilities.
- Verification of the children cases whose condition requires to be prioritized for treatment.
- Verification and Implementation of the medical treatment plan decided by the health service provider by providing counseling on medication, appointment and other treatment adherence issues.
- Develop a comprehensive care plan jointly with the health service provider that includes short and long term goals focused on attaining, maintaining and achieving positive health outcomes.
- Verify enrollment in medical care, and support enrollment of the referred cases.
- Under the guidance of the Child Protection Coordinator, review all files and consult with the designated children’s treatment providers (or potential treatment providers) to determine the appropriate course of action.
- Follow-up with all children who are receiving, or have received, medical treatment through SCI and its implementing partners, including conducting regular visits to the hospital, based on the child’s need or at the direction of the Child Protection Coordinators. This includes outpatient children who are in need for assistive devices.
- Creating monthly medical treatment summaries for each child during his/her treatment and at the conclusion of the medical treatment when the case is closed.
- Review all claims/expenses from the hospitals, pharmacies and with the support of the Child Protection Coordinator, determine which charges are appropriate and should be paid.
- Complete a monthly medical treatment summary for each child who is receiving medical treatment and submit the reports to the Child Protection Coordinator
- Complete a final medical treatment report for each child whose treatment has concluded and whose case is being closed and submit the reports to the Child Protection Coordinator.
- Evaluate effectiveness of services based upon client outcomes in the scope of work.
- Maintaining strict confidentiality about the children and/or their families and the treatment being provided and, at all times, take active steps to protect the children and their families’ privacy and dignity.
- Given the nature of SCI programs and emergency activities; Flexibility is required
- Inputting all cases to medical database
- Follow up Finance and Logistic to carry out the payment of medical support cost and PR’s of assistive devices.
- Any other duties as required or assigned by the CP Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- MBBS in General Medicine and surgery, or board in internal medicine, emergency Paediatrics, or surgery
- 1 years experience in a similar post or equivalent career.
- Protection / community development experience.
- Training skills, ability to conduct trainings
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to represent Save the Children at meetings with government officials
- Capacity to work with a team.
- Capacity to work under pressure.
- Computer skills in word, excel, PowerPoint.
- Coordination skills.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply. You can apply here
Deadline for submitting applications: 1st June 2020
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.