(Replacements and back-up in case of need)
Position status: Full-time
Contract: Fixed term contract (Period not confirmed based upon need)
Location: Al Qaieda
Doctors Without Borders / Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, humanitarian, non-governmental organisation providing assistance to people in need as a result of natural and man-made disasters, irrespective of race, religion, ideology or politics.
Provide medical care to patients & beneficiaries according to adapted and updated medical knowledge, MSF protocols, values and universal hygiene standards to improve the patients/beneficiaries health conditions.
- Diagnose and treat illnesses and injuries in the hospital emergency room.
- Triage & treat patients arriving in the emergency room.
- In cases of severe acute trauma or illness, resuscitate and/or stabilize the patient by administering medications and conducting surgical procedures that alleviate the medical crisis and prepare the patient for further treatment in a medical or surgical intensive care unit.
- Keep the patient and/or his/her family informed about the illness and provide appropriate explanations about the treatment to follow, checking they have understood.
- Check and control the rational distribution of medicines and equipment under his/her responsibility and take care the quality, disinfection and sterilization of the medical material. Assure general compliance with standing hygiene standards.
- Participate in the collection and analysis of epidemiological data, checking its validity and informing the line manager or project coordinator about any problem or complication of the patients’ illness, medical error and monitors the proper functioning of the department, equipment or material.
- Ensure ongoing training of the medical/paramedical multidisciplinary team in order to optimize the quality of care.
- Knows and ensures all MSF medical protocols are followed and implemented, checking universal precautions are followed at all times and reducing bio-hazard risks and improving infection control. Ensures professional confidentiality is respected.
- Manage the team under his/her direct responsibility according to MSF HR policies and procedures, supervising their performance, organizing and scheduling shifts and rotations.
- Follow up the evolution of the hospitalized/IPD patients, through consultations and examinations, prescribing the necessary treatment following MSF protocols, deciding whether they can be discharged or transferred to other departments – in collaboration with other doctors- and informing their family about the patient’s evolution.
- Carry out inpatient consultations and examinations, follow up the evolution of the hospitalized/IPD patients, prescribe necessary treatment respecting MSF protocols.
- Duty shifts will be in Emergency Department as well as in In-Patient Department (Including Ped/Neo/ICU).
- Medical Doctor Bachelor Degree & Licence to practice
- Desired specialized in emergency cases
- 2 year experience minimum as an Emergency Room Doctor
- English & Arabic essential
- Essential computer literacy (Word, Excel)
- Flexibility, Commitment, Teamwork & open to learn.
- Able to react quickly and make crisp decisions in an atmosphere of crisis
- Capacity to work in an extremely high-pressure environment
- Able to multitask and pay attention to details
- Applicants desirable from Al Qaeda
Only applicants submitting those document their application will be review a CV, Valid ID and copy of certificates, licence to practice and further supporting documents
subject: “MD ER – AlQaeda 202005” or to the Al Qaeda Hospital – CV drop box
(be aware to the MSF reception rules – drop it in an envelope with your name & the position applied for on it)
Deadline for the submission of Applications is 04:00 PM 30th May 2020.
Only applications in English will be considered.
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted!
CV’s that do not have attached a copy of the ID card will NOT BE CONSIDERED for the recruitment. Note that MSF cannot employ under contract any candidate that does not possess a valid ID card which can be used to register the contract with the Social Security Office and the Tax office.