Ended Grants Officer
Location: Based in Aden Governorate
Contract Duration: Annual contract
NMO is a registered national NGO with the Ministry of Social Affairs and Labor No. 284. Our mission is to take the lead to empower communities in Yemen through humanitarian response and sustainable development programs in a professional way through effective partnerships. NMO started its activity in Yemen since 2012, and has been implementing projects in 5 sectors namely FSL, Education, WASH, Shelter, and Governance and skill-building
NMO is looking for an efficient and qualified person to fill the post of Grant's Officer to carry out the following tasks:.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Follow up on funding opportunities regularly, and conduct a periodic review of multiple donor sites to identify calls for proposals.
- Coordinate and follow-up with program teams to develop and submit high-quality project proposals to donors.
- Follow up on grant announcements, donor requirements, rules and guidelines, and application deadlines.
- Participate in fundraising and writing and developing proposals for donors in cooperation with sector managers and the Monitoring and Evaluation Department
- Ensure compliance with donor standards.
- Help to supervise the process of reviewing reports submitted to donors and delivering them in high quality according to the agreed dates.
- Participate in planning processes for needs assessments and setting priorities, in cooperation with the Follow-up and Evaluation Department.
- Train program teams in writing proposals and developing proposals in coordination with the Senior Grant Officer.
- Assist in organizing projects start-up meetings and introducing briefings for all units concerned with the donor rules mentioned in the agreements.
- Assist in following up compliance with donors reporting dates and templates
- Documenting, analyzing, and sharing lessons learned from the process of submitting proposals to improve performance.
- Assist in designing the organization's grant and partnerships policy under the supervision of a Senior Grant Officer.
- Archiving programs and projects’ agreements and proposals according to the organization's archive system.
- Organizing and managing meetings of evaluating existing grant opportunities to study them and taking competition.
- Prepare the required reports and send them to the line manager.
- Active participation in regular meetings and meetings in the organization.
- Representing the organization in donors and partners’ events, training, and meetings
- Invest in opportunities and resources for learning and work to develop professional competence
- Comply with the organization’s systems, procedures, principles, and values .
- Perform any other duties related to the job field, as requested by the direct supervisor.
- University degree with advanced courses in English, Management, development, or any related fields
- Two years’ experience in managing humanitarian and development projects
- Advanced English language skills especially in writing, and the ability to translate written texts from English to Arabic and vice versa.
- Experience with MS OFFICE package, especially WORD and EXCEL
- Effective communication, negotiation, persuasion, and presentation skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and under limited supervision.
- The ability to pay attention to details and stick to deadlines.
- The ability to research and access to sources of information, funding platforms
- Ability to work with others and build an extensive professional network of relationships.
- Planning and organizing priorities.