Post Distribution Monitoring Officer
National Staff Position
Position: Post Distribution Monitoring (PDM) Officer
Job site: West Taiz
Report to: Project Manager
Status: Fulltime Staff
Under the supervision of: Project Manager
Responsible for: Reporting activities – no subordinates
General: The PDM officer is in charge of guaranteeing proper Monitoring and Evaluation of the current project interventions in West Taiz but will ensure proper coordination and support to colleagues in charge of other locations to guarantee consistent and high-quality monitoring of the whole project. The officer will carry out the Post Distribution Monitoring for Cash Based Interventions; monitor the beneficiaries’ identification and verification.
INTERSOS is implementing a UNHCR funded project entitled: ‘Provision of life-saving protection services to IDPs and conflict affected PoC in south Yemen’. The project will address some of the critical needs of IDPs and conflict-affected community in Taiz, Lahj, Aden, Hadramout as continuation and follow-up of the project carried out in 2019.
INTERSOS will support IDPs, Returnees and host communities/conflict affected local communities. The project will ensure: legal assistance, basic case management (providing PSS/PSFA and ensuring quality referral), and unconditional cash for the most vulnerable and high-risk cases. INTERSOS will conduct protection monitoring exercises in the targeted areas through a set of community-based protection monitoring teams (protection monitors combined with outreach volunteers from the IDP and host communities). The movements and needs of the IDPs will be constantly monitored and tracked and the proposed action might be redirected accordingly. Smart tools are used for information collection (household assessments and community level assessment) to better tailor assistance to IDPs and to be shared with other humanitarian partners. Eventually, local community will be empowered through support to Community Based Protection Network in hard to reach areas, which will flag protection concerns and function as a bridge between the communities and the services present on the ground.
The duties and responsibilities of the PDM officer are listed as follows:
- Carry out PDM activities respecting transparency and accountability: provide the beneficiaries with detailed and correct explanation regarding the PDM/verification; perform extensive household visits and FGDs for verification on the cash distributions conducted, using PDM questionnaire and methodology; ensure identification and assessment of most vulnerable protection cases to be referred for further specific assistance and provision of cash assistance; identify the benefiting people in the household and manage the questionnaires; ensure that all questions have been asked and that the recorded answers are clear and legible;
- Support management of Complaint/Feedback line following up on requests and reverting to beneficiaries with timely and clear feedback;
- INTERSOS PDM officer will also be in charge of supporting the Cash Distribution Officer with verifications of beneficiaries’ lists, ensure accountability of the identification process;
- Respect the reporting time lines and case load to be assessed per day/week;
- Respect the total confidentiality of the data collected and ensure to never speak about data out of the survey project and security of the records and files;
- Follow security measures as per indication of Activity Coordinator and security FP when conducting field visits;
- Prepare monthly plans with the Project Manager for conducting PDM;
- Write reports on demand of the Project Manager;
- Be committed to participate to any other task in order to achieve the project overall objective;
- Always ensure confidentiality and conduct all activities respectfully and sensitively to beneficiaries and staff.
Qualification and requirements:
- Hold a BA;
- Demonstrated familiarity with NGOs work in general and with Post Distribution Monitoring and Cash based interventions (CBI) in particular;
- Field work experience;
- Ability to make analysis and develop plan;
- Very good Interpersonal and Diplomatic Skills in client/beneficiaries-facing situations;
- Demonstrated familiarity with feed-back and complaint mechanisms;
- Excellent computer skills (proven computer literacy - PPT, Word, Excel);
- Readiness to commit and adhere to the values, mission and vision of INTERSOS
- Ability to work in flexible manner, to take initiative, and to learn;
- Ability to work under time pressure, independently, and with limited supervision;
- Stress-resiliency and ability to cope with tight deadlines and complex problems;
- Ready to move in remote areas in Yemen;
- Native Arabic – Advanced written and spoken English will be an asset;
- Respect confidentiality of data and information.
- Deadline for submission of application: 30 May 2020
- Documents to be submitted: CV and Motivation Letter (incomplete applications will be not considered), in addition to contact details for minimum 2 reference persons (include position and relation)
- How to send the application: by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org(applications delivered by hand will be not considered)
- Mention “Post Distribution Monitoring (PDM) Officer-west-Taiz” in the subject of your e-mail