Ended Microfinance Projects Officer
About Direct Aid
Yemen Office was established under the principle agreement which was signed by the Government of Yemen, represented by the Ministry of Planning and International Cooperation and Direct Aid on December 26th, 2012. Yemen Office has focused on WASH projects since the beginning of its activities in 2013. A series of sustainable and vital projects have been implemented which have developed radical solutions to the WASH problems in various governorates of the Republic of Yemen. In 2015, the office's work areas expanded its activities in emergency response projects, health, education, seasonal, construction, and micro-finance projects, and also, community development in the country's precarious conditions. Direct Aid is one of the leading and most sophisticated organizations in alleviating deteriorating humanitarian situations through the provision of humanitarian intervention in various fields.
Position Title: Microfinance Projects Officer
Location: Republic of Yemen – Sana'a and multiple cities
Start Time: ASAP
Status: full time
Report to: Senior Management
- Planning, analyzing, and developing the general plans for the projects of the Economic Development and Empowerment Program within the strategic plan and funding of the Direct Aid Organization and presenting them to the senior management.
- Preparing and monitoring the budget of the Economic Development and Empowerment Program.
- Coordination and liaison with relevant government and local authorities to facilitate project implementation
- Coordinating with relevant partners and stakeholders to ensure the progress and effectiveness of the project.
- Managing the implementation of activities including ensuring that plans are shared with relevant stakeholders.
- Managing project staff and consultants to ensure that business plans are developed according to project proposals.
- Coordinating with project owners to ensure that the implementation of projects and development of work plans are according to project proposals.
- Developing implementation and action plans and ensuring implementation within the appropriate time and quality in line with the plan, project proposals, and contracts.
- Preparing and approving progress and final project reports.
- Providing regular updates and weekly and monthly progress reports on the program and projects.
- Ensuring project assets are managed in a safe and secure manner and maintaining comprehensive asset records on a regular basis.
- Supervise logistical arrangements and budgets with finance department.
- Preparing an integrated database of suppliers and prices of various commodities and products related to the project.
- Prepare purchase orders and tenders for the activities and projects of the program.
- Supervise the progress of the projects implemented in the field.
- Carry out regular visits to projects to assess their work and report on the visits.
- Ensuring accuracy of reports of working teams, consultants, and project owners
- Providing relevant inputs to senior management and finance department and designing project proposals based on the standards of the Direct Aid Organization and international Organizations.
- Overseeing the relevant teams of the Direct Aid Organization/ field personnel / contractors / consultants on all projects within the program.
- Identifying the training needs of the team and project owners.
- Submitting necessary periodical reports on all projects to the management.
- Perform any other tasks that may be assigned by the higher management.
Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline or high school graduate
- At least 1-2 years of experience working in the same field
- Good in written and spoken English
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office programs; Knowledge on simple Excel functions, including formulas and creating graphs from data sets.
- Extremely flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations and frustrations.
- Ability to maintain accurate, clear and updated records.
- Cross-cultural awareness.
- Very strong interpersonal skills: strong communication and diplomatic skills
- Practical and problem-solver.
- Ability to deal with heavy work pressure.
Deadline for submission of application: 02-06-2020
Documents to be submitted: CV and Cover Letter (English), in addition to contact details for minimum 2 reference persons (include position and relation)
How to send the application: send an email to email@example.com
Please Mention the Position in your Subject line.
Direct Aid encourages qualified female candidates to apply as well as qualified candidates with special needs