About Direct Aid
Yemen Office was established under the principle agreement which was signed by the Government of Yemen, represented by the Ministry of Planning and International Cooperation and Direct Aid on December 26th, 2012. Yemen Office has focused on WASH projects since the beginning of its activities in 2013. A series of sustainable and vital projects have been implemented which have developed radical solutions to the WASH problems in various governorates of the Republic of Yemen. In 2015, the office's work areas expanded its activities in emergency response projects, health, education, seasonal, construction, and micro-finance projects, and also, community development in the country's precarious conditions. Direct Aid is one of the leading and most sophisticated organizations in alleviating deteriorating humanitarian situations through the provision of humanitarian intervention in various fields.
Position Title: WASH Engineer
Location: Republic of Yemen – Sana'a and multiple cities
Start Time: ASAP
Status: full time
Report to: WASH Program Manager
Managing main activities and ensuring plans are shared with relevant stakeholders.
- Provide regular updates and standardized reports to the program manager on the projects interventions and their status/quality of implementation.
- Report any variations or problems with the implementation of activities and any changes in the context to the program manager to propose solutions as needed.
- Document the projects, field experiences, and lesson learned.
- Ensure timely and appropriate logistical arrangements.
- Coordinate with relevant stakeholders as relevant to project implementation and to ensure projects effectiveness.
- Ensure linkages with relevant stakeholders/partners with and external to DIRECT AID in key technical areas to ensure that learning from one can benefit the others.
- Write up the requested reports based on the information from the field to the program manager.
- Prepare and review any needed reports (monthly, monitoring and evaluation reports, success stories, etc.).
- Work with the program manager to ensure that qualitative and quantitative data are of quality.
- Ensure the accuracy of reports and to be submitted in a timely manner.
- Monitor the implementation of the projects activities according to the approved plan by Direct Aid .
- Perform other duties as assigned by the program manager.
- Prepare BoQs.
- Prepare required technical designs needed for the projects activities.
- Follow up on the technical survey and data analysis.
- Ensure that minimum standards of technical quality in all technical activities and interventions, which are technically appropriate, suitable for the given projects.
- Designing an AutoCAD layout for WASH projects and implementing them on the ground.
- Create monthly plans based on the main plan.
- Provide technical and professional support to the field team.
- Write and submit all kinds of required reports.
- Attend regular and urgent meetings as required.
- Represent Direct Aid at the sub national WASH Cluster
- Accomplish the other necessary activities related to the office and projects tasks.
- University degree in Civil Engineering, or other related fields.
- Fluent written and spoken English with the ability to translate complex material and data into clear and concise materials and reports
- Knowledge of Engineering Software programmers like AutoCAD, Water CAD, Safe SAP, E-tap, etc.
- Excellent negotiation and presentational skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Strong personnel leadership, communication, and capacity building skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- High computer literacy with full knowledge of office applications.
- Ability to manage stress, problem-solve, and make decisions.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Familiar with the nature of International Nongovernmental Organization work.
- Proven ability to deliver against targets and meeting deadlines within a short time frame.
- 2-6 years of experience working in WASH Projects, preferably with NGOs organizations.
- Experience working with host communities and IDPs and understanding their special needs is desirable.
- Solid understanding of conflict management and conflict-sensitive Project Approaches
Deadline for submission of application: 02-06-2020
Documents to be submitted: CV and Cover Letter (English), in addition to contact details for minimum 2 reference persons (include position and relation)
How to send the application: send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Mention the Position in your Subject line.
Direct Aid encourages qualified female candidates to apply as well as qualified candidates with special needs