Ended Medical Doctor
Medical Doctor – Abs –Emergency Pool
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
MSF is advertising for the following position: MEDICAL DOCTOR – Emergency Pool
Requirements for the position
Essential, recognized Medical Doctor Diploma
2 year experience minimum as a Medical Doctor or in clinical work (can be within medical training). Previous experience with MSF or other NGO is an asset.
Essential Arabic and English, both oral and written
Orientation for results and quality, good team worker, flexibility, commitment, people management skills
Desirable: computer literacy (Word, Excel)
Place of work: Abs District, Hajja Governorate, Republic of Yemen
Duration: 4 months, with possibility of extension.
Others: Salary: Based on the organization scale, and moving allowance
Provide outpatient and/or inpatient medical care to patients/beneficiaries according to adapted and updated medical knowledge, MSF protocols, values and universal hygiene standards to improve the patients/beneficiaries health conditions.
Main responsibilities and tasks
- Apply medical knowledge and skills to diagnose and prevention. Carry out outpatient and inpatient consultations, prescribing the necessary treatment respecting MSF protocols.
- Keep the patient and/or his/her family informed about the illness and provide appropriate explanations about the treatment to follow, checking they have understood.
- Follow up the evolution of the hospitalized/IDP patients, through daily visits , consultations and examinations, prescribing the necessary treatment following MSF protocols, deciding whether they can be discharged or transferred to other departments – in collaboration with other doctors- and informing their family about the patient’s evolution.
- Check and control the rational distribution of medicines and equipment under his/her responsibility and take care the quality, disinfection and sterilization of the medical material. Assure general compliance with standing hygiene standards.
- Participate in the collection and analysis of epidemiological data, checking its validity and informing the line manager or project coordinator about any problem or complication of the patients illness, medical error and monitors the proper functioning of the department, equipment or material.
- Ensure ongoing training of the medical/paramedical multidisciplinary team in order to optimize the quality of care.
- Knows and ensures all MSF medical protocols are followed and implemented, checking universal precautions are followed at all times and reducing bio-hazard risks and improving infection control. Ensures professional confidentiality is respected.
- Manage the team under his/her direct responsibility according to MSF HR policies and procedures, supervising their performance, organizing and scheduling shifts and rotations, directly participating in emergencies and on calls if necessary.
Interested applicants should send a detailed CV and cover letter in English, ID, certificates and copy of a valid work licence from the medical council in Sanaa to the following email address: email@example.com with the title “Medical Doctor” before the end of 4th of June at 5pm.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview and technical test.