Ended Daily Worker Interpreter / Translator
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an International Humanitarian Organization providing medical aid to populations in distress, victims of natural and man made disasters and victims of armed conflict, regardless of race, religion and political believes. For more information, visit our Arabic website, www.msf-me.org
Médecins Sans Frontières France is looking for Yemeni nationals to recruit for the following position:
DAILY WORKER INTERPRETER / TRANSLATOR - COVID CENTER
Contract type: Daily worker Reporting to: MSF Admin
KEY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Translate documents from / to mission language (English) into a local (Arabic) one upon request for medical, administrative and coordination team members.
- Translate discussions, meetings and eventually trainings as requested for medical, administrative and coordination team members.
- Always keep respect towards patients, collaborators, authorities, military factions and MSF staff participating in discussions.
- Ensure confidentiality of all translation is maintained, for both oral and written translations.
- Ensure neutrality and accuracy when translating.
- Organize the workload according to priorities and dead line given.
- Ensure respect of dead line for the written translation submitted.
- Declare any “conflict of interest” when asked to translate (e.g. personal involvement) which would necessitate using other staff members for translation.
- Inform international staff about local customs, tradition, etc., that will help understand better the context and better communicate.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor Degree in Translation or Education
- Previous working experience required. Desirable with MSF or other NGOs
- English & Arabic: essential
- Desirable computer literacy (Word, Internet, Excel)
- Interest in health care and good knowledge of medical terms, Desirable translation experience in Hospitals.
Applications must be in English language. Candidates should submit:
Cover Letter (mention the date of availability in cover letter) , CV, Diploma and Work certificate
Short listed candidates will be asked to provide original copies of diplomas, copies of relevant training and work certificates, and any recommendations from previous employers to the following:
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. No face-to-face contact or phone contact will be considered. Any documents sent to MSF-F (CV, cover letter, copies of diploma, recommendations letters) will not be returned by MSF-F.
Médecins sans Frontières France
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
(Please in the subject of the mail precise “Interpreter - Sanaa”)
Deadline for application: 07th June 2020 at 5pm