Ended HR/Finance Assistant
Title: HR/FINANCE ASSISTANT
Duty Station: AL MOKHA
Reports to: HR & FINANCE OFFICER
Contract duration: 3 months renewable (starting date : ASAP)
General Information on the Mission
Première Urgence - Aide Médicale Internationale (PU-AMI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. Our teams are committed to supporting civilian victims of marginalization and exclusion, or those hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapses by answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency. The association leads in average 190 projects a year in the following sectors of intervention: Food Security, Health, Nutrition, Construction and Rehabilitation of infrastructures, Water, Sanitation, Hygiene and Economic Recovery. PU-AMI is providing assistance to around 5 million people in 20 countries across Africa, Asia, the Middle East, Eastern Europe and France.
PU-AMI’s strategy/position in the country
PU-AMI has been present in Yemen since 2007. From 2007 to 2011, PU-AMI supported the primary health system in Hodeidah Governorate. After a one-year stand-by in 2011 due to security reasons, the mission re-started in July 2012 with a nutrition project focusing both on emergency response and a longer term community-based approach in Hodeidah and extended its activity in Raymah Governorate.
Since 2017, PU-AMI continues to concentrate its intervention in 6 districts of Hodeida and 3 districts of Raymah, where a high number of IDPs are stressing the capacity of the health system to cope in an already extreme precarious situation. The core field of intervention for PU-AMI in these Governorates is an integrated approach on nutrition including community-based activities (OTP/SFP and community mobilization as a strong component of the program, within health facilities and outreach activities.
In Hodeidah and Raymah governorates, PU-AMI works to contribute to reduce the impact and severity of nutritional challenges and to improve health status of most vulnerable populations, through supplementary nutrition integrated response based upon health, hygiene and nutrition education and capacity building. In Rayma, PU-AMI is supporting a stabilisation centre for severely malnourished children with medical complications
In Mokha PU-AMI works to contribute to the improvement of the health and nutrition status of most vulnerable populations in the
area, through an integrated approach including rehabilitation of health facilities, trainings, capacity building, as well hygiene and health promotion activities.
Under the supervision of HR & finance officer, he/she is responsible for providing HR, finance, administrative support and secretariat to the Mokha base to ensure that PU-AMI activities are run in an effective and efficient manner.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Contribute to the HR management of the staff, in compliance with national rules and the donor and PU-AMI procedures, under supervision of the HR & finance officer
- Contribute to the respect and development of HR policy
- Contribute to the preparation of monthly payment of salaries
- Contribute to accounting and cash management of the base, in compliance with donor and PU-AMI’s procedures, under supervision of the HR & finance officer
- Guarantee the proper archiving of all accounting documents, according to procedures
Specific objectives and linked activities
1. Human Resources Administrative management:
- Assist the implementation of HR rules, procedures and tools at the base level in compliance with labor regulation and PU-AMI HR policies under the supervision of the HR & finance officer
- Prepare Monthly HR Data Base and ensure Monthly Salary transfer for national staff in coordination with HR & finance officer and Log Admin base.
- Prepare and/or gather supporting documents related to each local and international staff for personal files: ID and driving license copies, blood type justification, certificates, ToRs, etc;
- Prepare local staff contracts and agreements (new recruitments, contract extensions or renewals) and ensure each staff is aware of contract terms and conditions
- Assist in the recruitment process (organisation of test and interviews, draft of the new contract, etc.)
- Assist in welcoming and integrating new personnel, ensure they receive administrative briefing
- Check dates of employment contracts and inform the HR & finance officer when they are due to expire
- Contribute to the follow-up of annual appraisal
2. Cash and accounting management
- Ensure the cashbox management
- Participate in the monthly accounting in accordance with PU-AMI’s procedures
- Operate all payments and manage advance process after validation of the HR & finance officer
- Update the financial movements in the cashbooks according to accounting standards
- Check daily the cashbook balance and the cash inventory and make sure there is no amount difference
- Participate to the monthly accounting closing mainly by checking cashbook, if needed
- Ensure compliance of all payments with PU-AMI’s and donors procedures
- Ensure that invoices, contracts and all accountancy documents fulfil the PU-AMI’s requirements.
- Ensure the proper archiving of accounting documents according to PU AMI rules (paper and electronic archiving)
3. General services
- Provide secretariat support for writing official letters and translations (from English to Arabic or from Arabic to English)
- Participate in the organization and supervision the cleaning/cooking schedule and ensure the proper cleaning of office premises and GH
- Ensure physical and IT archiving, as well as securing administrative document
- Capitalization: collecting administrative/HR documents from the field and archiving them to ensure exhaustive understanding of what is going on the field: official documents signed (Social security, Tax card….)
- Ensure the confidential information that is dealt with the course of the work remain within the Admin and Finance department only and are not shared within or outside PU-AMI
In General, the HR/Fin Assistant has to remain flexible and to perform other duties as required for the good running of the mission.
General Organization of the work
- Direct functional management: HR & finance officer
- Indirect management: Log Admin Manager, Field Co, Admin Coordinator
- Office hours: from Sunday to Thursday
Required knowledge and skills
EDUCATION / TRAINING
4 University degree in administration, accountancy
4Human resources certificate
Previous experience in administration, HR, accountancy or finance
4Experience with NGOs
4 if in a similar position would be considered an asset
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
4Ability to work with international people
4Ability to work in unstable circumstances
Both Arabic and English
Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
Required Personal Characteristics
- Team spirit, positive attitude
- Reliable, rigorous and well organized
- Result and service oriented,
- Proactive, committed and flexible
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Able to manage priorities, take initiatives and work without constant supervision
- Ability to work under pressure
- Able to ensure neutrality and confidential information remaining within the Coordination department only
- Able to receive and provide feedbacks in a positive and constructive manner
- Motivation to help people in need
- Conflict resolution and diplomacy experience
- Good communication and diplomacy skills to manage relationship in potentially tense situations
If you believe that you have the qualifications and skills to excel in this position, please send a one page cover letter and a CV in English as well as relevant diploma and other certificates by email to email@example.com no later than 30/06/2020. The subject of the email should be heading « MOKHA - HR/Finance Assistant ».
Only applications respecting these criteria will be considered. Do not apply unless you meet minimum application requirements or you will not be considered.
We reserve the right to close the recruitment before the date indicated. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted