Ended Area Cashier
ACTED Organization Summary:
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential. ACTED is active in 37 countries and implements more than 450 projects a year reaching over 8 million beneficiaries with 400 international staff and 4,300 national staff.
ACTED has been present in Yemen since early 2012 and has been anchored to the governorates of Hodeidah, Raymah, Ibb, Aden-Dhalee, Saadah and Al Jawf.
Through its comprehensive programming ACTED has been covering the full continuum of emergency, rehabilitation and development in Yemen. Emergency activities have focused in the sectors of Agriculture & Food Security (e.g. distribution of crop seeds, and livestock), Economic Recovery and Market Systems (e.g. income-generating activities such as cash for work), and WASH (e.g. rehabilitation of water supply facilities, hygiene promotion). ACTED’s food security activities include distribution of food vouchers, which are a key component of ACTED’s interventions in the country.
ACTED Organization is pleased to announce the below job vacancy with the following details:
Position: Area Cashier
Contract Type: Full time
Contract Duration: 6 months
The Cashier is accountable for the safe.
- FX: Collect daily currency exchange rates;
- Vouchers & Cashbook: Check & file vouchers and register vouchers in the cashbook and in Excel sheets;
- Payments: process payments for items and services previously approved by the Finance officer and the Area coordinator /Country Director;
- Safe & Cashbook: at the end of each day, check the cashbook and the safe and verify that balances match;
- Track bank transactions and perform cross-check with the bankbooks/Excel sheets;
- Money Exchange Dealing: whenever needed, change money for the cashbooks and register the operation in the cashbook and Excel sheets;
- Money Transfer Dealing: register and exchange voucher references between Country Office and areas.
- Monitor the level of cash in the safe according to the internal controls set by CFM.
- At the end of each month, check the balance in the cashbook and in the safe, establish the cash checking statement and have it signed by the cashier and his/her Area Coordinator/CD, weekly check to be done with the finance officer/Area Coordinator/CD.
- Bankbook & SAGA: Bankbook and SAGA should be checked before closing the accounting month along with the bank statement from the bank and a bank reconciliation to be prepared;
- Vouchers: quality of vouchers should be checked by the Cashier at the end of each month and filled out adequately;
- Cashbook & SAGA: Cashbook and SAGA should be checked before closing the accounting
- Advances: ensure all staff advances are cleared before paying salaries.
- Update the monthly accounting files and prepare it for validation by the area FO to be sent to the capital office on time and that it’s filled out correctly in (Red cell game) file.
- Whenever possible the cashier would be responsible of the cash distribution in the field. Alternatively, if not possible the cash could be disbursed by the Program staff.
Undertake any other tasks as reasonably assigned by their supervisor.
REPLACEMENT AND CAPITAL VISITS:
- The cashier could be assigned to cover / replace other bases cashier’s position tasks in case of his/her absence upon decision of SFM/CFM with the approval of the AC in coordination with the area FO.
- Visits to Capital could be organized on a quarterly base upon decision of SFM/CFM with the approval of the AC in coordination with the area FO.
Job Requirement (Qualification and Experience)
- Education: Bachelor degree in accounting, finance, or another relevant subject
- Minimum working experience: 2 Years in the Financial INGO Sector
- proficiency in Excel functions and formulas
- Fluency in Arabic and good command of English are required
- Professional Computer Knowledge
- The ability to effectively communicate with staff across all the organization’s departments is key to the position.
- Applicants should have the capacity to work efficiently under pressure and to manage a heavy workload.
- Ability in time-sensitive prioritization
- Knowledge of SAGA and/or other Financial Tools of advantage
- Applicants should be willing to work as part of a multi-cultural team, displaying cultural sensitivity and a sound understanding of gender.
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send an application comprising a detailed CV and a cover letter in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- PLEASE state in the subject line of the e-mail: Area Cashier and rename your CV letter as: First & Last name+ Area Cashier.
- The closing date for applications is Tuesday, 30 June 2020.
- Candidates from Aldhalee governorate are strongly encouraged to apply.
Due to the urgency of this appointment, interviews would be on a rolling basis and candidates may be identified before the closing date
Contacting any ACTED staff member other than the contact details listed in regard to this job will result in disqualification