Ended Admin and HR Officer
Job Title: Admin and HR Officer
No of position: 1 Position
Deadline: June 30th, 2020
Contract Type: Special Service Contract
Duration: 6 Months renewable based on funding availability
Duty Station: Based in Sana’a with regular field visits to RDP’s field offices.
Probationary Period: Six months
Department: Admin and HR
Reporting to: Admin and HR Manager
Duties and responsibilities:
- Respond to staff requests and maintain the confidentiality of HR operations.
- Prepare offer letters, contract letters for the selected candidates issue them.
- Maintain personnel files ensuring that all required documents are collected upon recruitment.
- Ensure the implementation of RDP’s Admin and HR manual and sharing policies with staff on a regular basis.
- Assist the Admin and HR Manager in the process of employees’ benefits including processing insurance companies’ claims.
- Carry out all required tasks relating to employee recruitment.
- Perform tasks related to the preparation of Payroll sheet including verifying staff attendance, collecting and reviewing timesheets in a monthly basis.
- Administer the process of assets control including tagging them and inserting them in the designated system.
- Ensure that all employees received their trainings and have set performance objectives for their probation period.
- Coordinates written tests and interviews and ensure accurate supporting documentation is completed for all recruitments.
- Supports the Admin and HR Manager in follow up on the performance appraisal process for RDP Staff.
- Ensure that payroll is in accordance with Yemeni tax laws and social security laws.
- Assist the Admin and HR manager with preparing/processing cost sharing allocation.
- Monitor overall administration of lease agreements including reviewing for rent payments, maintenance of RDP’s head and field offices.
- Work closely with the supply chain and finance team for procurement of supplies.
- Assist with all day-to-day maintenance inquiries and investigating complaints.
- Maintaining inventories and ensuring an adequate supply of materials and related items.
- Help in the review of all administrative suppliers’ invoices and quotations.
- Supervise the admin support staff including but not limited to receptionists, Cleaners, Security Staff, Janitors and Gardeners.
- Ensure that the office complies with safety and security regulations.
- Provide assistance to staff in compliance issues and problem resolutions.
- Comply with RDP policies and procedures with respect to code of conduct, child protection, equal opportunities, security and safety, and other relevant policies and procedures.
- Commit to the humanitarian principles of strict neutrality, religious and political impartiality and non-discrimination.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned by direct supervisor.
- A bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field or related combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of (3) years of full life cycle experience.
- Knowledge of Human Resources and general HR/ practice including recruitment.
- Knowledge of labor laws, government regulations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, Ability to interact with all levels of staff in a professional way.
- Fluency in English required (written and verbal).
- Excellent planning, organizational and analytical skills, attention to details is a must.
- Excellent computer skills and Microsoft office skills.
- Key flexibility for a roving role in a demanding, complex and insecure environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage time effectively under pressure.
- High sense of ethics and responsibility.
Commitment to the Humanitarian Principles
RDP is committed to the fundamental of the humanitarian principles of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, proclaimed in Vienna in 1965 by the 20th International Conference of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement.
The core of our mission is to alleviate people's suffering, protect human dignity and empower societies. Hence, RDP puts these principles to practice and it fully adheres to the national Humanitarian Principles including: the Humanity, Impartiality, Independence and Neutrality principles.
Interested candidates should apply through this link: https://forms.gle/igoMb6nrn6PK2ESQA not later than June 30th, 2020. Resumes will be considered on a rolling-basis and candidates are encouraged to apply early.