Ended Field Monitor (FSL) (2)
Job Title: Field Monitor (FSL)
No of position: 2 Position
Deadline: June 30th, 2020
Contract Type: Special Service Contract
Duration: 5 Months renewable based on funding availability
Duty Station: Based in Al Bayda governorate and field visits are required
Probationary Period: Five months
Department: Food Security and livelihoods Program
Reporting to: FSL Program Officer
Duties and responsibilities:
- Assisting the FSL officer in developing and implementing action plans for FSL projects activities.
- With support from FSL Officer and FSL Program Coordinator, coordinate with other field staff to ensure there is no beneficiary overlap in finalized list of beneficiaries.
- Participate in the coordination process of FSL projects with local authorities and different related stakeholders.
- Submit bi-weekly and monthly progress reports to FSL Officer.
- Follow up the clearances of expenses claims with finance department.
- Share community feedback on beneficiary selection criteria with FSL Officer to update and finalize selection criteria.
- With support from FSL Officer, responsible for compiling an appropriate monthly work plan for distribution times for identified beneficiary caseload.
- Oversee distribution process, ensuring RDP standards and security procedures are followed.
- Working closely with MEAL department and assist MEAL team in the monitoring and evaluation activities: verification, spot check, PDM, and baseline/end line activities.
- Follow-up on feedback from MEAL Officer and CFM Assistant to ensure that all findings are addressed and adjustments made to projects throughout implementation.
- Conduct regular field visits to monitor and troubleshoot, submitting reports to the FSL Officer.
- Assist in FSL assessments, surveys, data collection, and analysis as required by FSL Program Coordinator.
- Coordinate and contribute in providing technical support and trainings to the relevant staff at Governorate levels in the relevant areas of Food security and Livelihoods.
- Develop timely and detailed implementation plans for FSL projects in close coordination with the FSL teams.
- Produce timely reports for internal use on the status of ongoing projects and lead on donors/local authorities and cluster reporting.
- Assist in the training of the FSL field teams to ensure that they have a solid understanding of key project documents, policies and tools, including monitoring & evaluation tools.
- Work with the Information Management Assistant in establishing a proper database management system of food security and livelihoods data and information in order to facilitate easy storage and retrieval of these information to enhance food security analysis and reporting.
- Arrange training activities on Food security and livelihoods projects.
- Participate in the production of food security and livelihoods related bulletins and other information products such as quarterly briefs, website updates, monthly reports, and others as required.
- Work closely with the MEAL team to ensure that data is captured in a correct and accurate manner.
- Document and share lessons learnt with the FSL team including success stories and challenges.
- Arrange all archiving and documentation of all projects phases.
- Comply with RDP policies and procedures with respect to code of conduct, child protection, equal opportunities, security and safety, and other relevant policies and procedures.
- Commit to the humanitarian principles of strict neutrality, religious and political impartiality and non-discrimination.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by direct supervisor.
- BSc in Agronomy, Economics, international development or any other related field.
- At least 2 - 3 years of experience in working with National/ International NGOs.
- Demonstrable ability at report writing.
- Prepared to live and work in an uncertain security environment.
- Ability and willingness to frequently travel and stay at the field.
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic.
- Experience of emergency FSL work.
- FSL assessments and an understanding of FSL surveillance and information systems.
Interested candidates should apply through this link: https://forms.gle/HY2stydxWUDuw8u39 not later than June 30th, 2020. Resumes will be considered on a rolling-basis and candidates are encouraged to apply early.