Secretary - General
Secretary-General for the Development Champions Forum
Brief Introduction about the Development Champions Forum
The Development Champions are a group of Yemeni experts with broad expertise and knowledge in economic and social development. The Development Champions Forum (DCF) aims to achieve fair and sustainable economic and social development through engaging and promoting experienced and knowledgeable Yemeni voices to put forth visions, plans, and recommendations.
The DCF was founded as a part of the Rethinking Yemen’s Economy (RYE) project. This project is implemented by CARPO – Center for Applied Research in Partnership with the Orient, DeepRoot Consulting, and the Sana’a Center for Strategic Studies and co-funded by the European Union and the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands to Yemen. For further information, please visit www.devchampions.org.
The Secretary-General will report to and be supervised by the Executive Committee of the DCF. The position holder will be responsible for the following:
- Develop institutional management structures and policies.
- Develop a lean organizational structure for the DCF Secretariat including job descriptions for secretariat positions
- Participate in selecting and appointing secretarial employees, motivating them, and enhancing their productivity.
- Manage the logistics of convening DCF meetings, workshops, and events
- Manage the production and publication process of publications and communication materials (policy briefs, research papers, public statements, videos, motion graphics, infographics…etc.).
- Represent the DCF formally and carry out networking activities with local and international stakeholders, under continuous and direct coordination with the Executive Committee.
- Lead the secretariat staff in delivering all financial and administrative activities of the Secretariat.
- Lead the preparation of the DCF's strategic plan from the secretariat side, in collaboration with the Executive Committee and the DCs.
- Contribute to the design of DCF's programs, projects, and activities and submit relevant proposals to the Executive Committee.
- Be responsible for fundraising and mobilizing resources needed for funding the DCF's activities, through outreach and engagement with international donors and other funding sources interested in the Forum's activities.
- Build a positive and professional image of the Forum within the Forum's members and partners.
- Establish relationships and networks with governmental, international, civil society, and private entities and build strong partnerships to achieve the Forum's goals.
- Maintain confidentiality and provide a safe and healthy work environment.
- Perform any additional relevant tasks assigned by the Executive Committee.
- Master's Degree in Economics, International Development, or a related field.
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant working experience at management level.
- Experience in fundraising and working with donors
Skills and Competencies:
- Advanced management skills, including administrative, organizational, and financial capabilities.
- Advanced knowledge of Yemen's development humanitarian and economic situation
- Excellent Arabic and English language skills
- Advanced networking skills and communication skills (internal and external communications, social media)
- Ability to travel inside and outside Yemen
- Ability to work in a multicultural and multilingual environment.
- Understanding and previous experience of engaging with government and international non-government organizations and donors.
This position is only open to Yemeni nationals. The position’s location is flexible inside or outside Yemen. All applications will be subject to the reference checking process. Qualified and interested applicants should click on the link below: CV only applications will not be considered.
Please do not apply unless you meet the minimum required qualifications listed above. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The deadline for receiving applications is: July 8, 2020
Posting date: June 18, 2020