Ended Project Manager
Caritas Poland is looking for a Project Manager (national position):
Position: Project Manager for an emergency response integrated project in WASH & Health
Location: Aden, Yemen with travels inside Yemen
Contract details: Full-time
Duration: 3 months with a possibility of extension
Starting date: ASAP
About Caritas Poland
Cartias Poland Caritas is the largest charity organization in Poland, carrying out its activities on the country level since 1990. Caritas Poland has also implemented numerous humanitarian and development aid projects in more than 60 countries affected by conflicts, wars and natural disasters. Recently, Caritas Poland has been particularly supporting the needy in the Middle East – in Syria, Jordan and Iraq – as well as in Colombia, Venezuela, Ukraine, Nepal and in many countries in Africa and South Asia. For more information, please refer to https://www.caritas.org/ and https://www.caritas.org/where-caritas-work/europe/poland/.
Caritas Poland has been funding health projects in Yemen since July 2019, and has received official registration in May 2020, with plans for expansion of activities across a range of sectors, currently focusing on Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) and Health. Caritas Poland has been cooperating closely with Polish Humanitarian Action (PAH) Yemen Mission.
About PAH (Project Implementing Partner)
Polish Humanitarian Action’s (PAH) is an INGO with a mission to make the world a better place by promoting humanitarian values and alleviating human suffering caused by armed conflicts and natural disasters. We provide humanitarian aid in places where humanitarian crises occur. Our support reaches foremost the most vulnerable to their consequences: women, children, elderly, disabled, refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs). In our work we honor the principles of: humanitarianism, impartiality, neutrality and independence. We provide aid in response to most severe needs, regardless of nationality, race, religion, social standing or views. We do not engage in political or religious disputes, and do not take sides with any actors in a conflict. For more information, please refer to www.pah.org.pl.
PAH Yemen Mission has been officially established in July 2019 and since then provided humanitarian assistance to over 60.000 beneficiaries in Aden and Lahij Governorates in Yemen, as well as to Yemeni refugees in Markazi Refugee Camp in Djibouti, in interventions in Health, Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) and Livelihoods sectors.
Position reports to: Caritas Poland International Project Coordinator; Polish Humanitarian Action (PAH) Head of Mission (within the scope of project responsibilities)
- Administrative management of Caritas Poland daily office operations and other administrative issues indicated by Caritas Poland International Project Coordinator
- Representing Caritas Poland in contacts with local authorities, INGOs, NGOs, communities and any other relevant partners within the scope of Caritas Poland activities in Yemen
- Managing project design, monitoring, implementation, exit strategy and closure
- Coordinating the project team (MEAL Officer, Finance & Accounting Officer, Logistics Officer, WASH Officer, Liaison Officer, Field Coordinator)
- Managing the project budget and project-related cost analysis
- Preparing and conducting regular internal project related meetings and trainings
- Together with PAH Liaison Officer, liaising with local authorities, local community and all relevant stakeholders and representing PAH in all project related external relations
- Managing the flow of project related information and storing all project documentation
- Conducting the communication activities for the project
- Preparing regular project reports
- At least a Bachelor Degree in Medical Science or a related academic field
- At least 1 year of professional experience in a project management position in WASH / Health sectors in a humanitarian setting
- At least 2 years of professional experience in working with NNGOs & INGOs
Languages: Excellent command of English and Arabic
- Strong writing skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong communication skills
- Strong organisational skills, accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively under pressure in a fast pace environment
- Ability to work independently
- High ethical standards
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with persons from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Excellent command of Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
Please submit your application form via email to email@example.com including a short CV (max.2 pages) and a cover letter in English, no later than 30th of June 2020.
The short-listed candidates will be contacted for a technical test and an interview, both held in English. We reserve the right to close the recruitment process before the application end date.