Ended Protection and Rule of Law Manager
Job Title: Protection and Rule of Law Manager
Salary Grade: 7B
Department: Protection and Rule of Law (PRoL)
Location: Al Dhale district, Yemen
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC Yemen began its programs in October 2012. Currently IRC Yemen is operating in eight governorates in the south and north of Yemen through direct programming and through a local partnership in Health, WASH, Nutrition, Economic Recovery Development, Education, Child Protection, Gender and Women Protection and Empowerment. These sectors are responding to food insecurity, cholera and other humanitarian needs within the displaced and conflict affected populations.
SCOPE OF WORK:
The Protection and Rule of Law Manager will be responsible for provision of technical guidance and oversight of IRC’s Protection and Rule of Law (PRoL) programming in Al Dhale governorate. This will include leadership of internal protection activities and case management services, activity design and implementation as well as the identification and analysis of protection issues of concern. The Protection and Rule of Law Manager will undertake coordination with other relevant actors (among which government counterparts, local authorities, and other national and international NGOS), as well as participating in local-level coordination forums, as needed.
Technical Monitoring and Program Quality
- Provide technical guidance, oversight and support to Protection interventions;
- Oversee, with the support of the Senior Integrated Protection Coordinator, the implementation of Protection activities in area(s) of responsibility and ensure the program is implemented according to schedule, budgets, and international standards;
- Ensure ethical data collection and information management systems are in place and functional, and in full compliance with confidentiality and data protection protocols;
- Ensure that protection activities meet stated objectives within the project timeframe;
- Ensure regular coordination with the Senior Integrated Protection Coordinator and PRoL Technical Unit;
- Ensure effective communication with other service providers and IRC sectors.
Staff Performance Management, Learning & Development:
- Maintain open and professional relations with Protection staff providing oversight and guidance to enable staff to successfully perform in their positions;
- Directly supervise three Officer in Al Dhale: a Protection Officer, a Case Management Officer and an Information Management Officer;.
- Assist with the recruitment of Protection staff, in coordination with the HR team, senior management and PRoL Technical Unit;
- Ensure timely completion and submission of monthly timesheets, probation reviews and annual performance reviews;
- Ensure ongoing training, coaching, support and capacity building opportunities for Protection staff in designated area(s).
Grant Planning, Implementation and Monitoring
- Responsible for the overall achievement of project goals in Al Dhale;
- Support implementation and ensure adherence to grant work plans, spending plans, procurement plans as well as monitoring and evaluation plans;
- Work closely and coordinate with the IRC Grants, Supply Chain and Finance departments to ensure compliance with grant requirements;
- Ensure high quality IRC and donor reporting of activities, indicators and achievements.
Coordination & Representation
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders including governmental actors, UN agencies, local and international NGOs and other relevant actors;
- Represent IRC in Protection related coordination forums and activities.
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
Position Reports to: Senior Integrated Protection Coordinator
Position directly Supervises: Protection Information Management Officer (x1), Protection Officer (x1) and Protection Case Management Officer (x1)
Key Internal Contacts:
- Al Dhale field office team: Child Protection Senior Officer/Manager, Women’s Protection and Empowerment Manager, MEAL Officer, Field Manager, Grants Coordinator, ERD Manager, Program staff, Supply chain and Finance staff.
- Region/Global: Protection Rule of Law Technical Advisor.
Key External Contacts:
- Protection cluster coordinators and operational partners for coordination and information purposes.
- Degree in human rights, law, social sciences, peace building or related field;
- At least three years of prior professional experience in protection programming including in a leadership or management role;
- At least five years of prior experience working with conflict affected communities in a refugee or internally displaced persons (IDPs) context with progressively growing responsibility;
- Experience with community-based protection approaches with refugees and/or internally displaced persons;
- Strong experience on needs-based programing approaches that effectively address the unique needs of persons with specific needs;
- Experience interacting with judicial, security and administrative authorities as INGOs and UN agencies;
- Good protection background and knowledge of IDPs context, as well as demonstrated ability to identify and refer vulnerable cases, is desirable;
- Experience managing protection information offices and devising effective approaches to promote refugee right to information;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team, as well as independently;
- Excellent ability to interpret, analyze and synthesize information in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent organizational skills, timeliness, ability to determine priorities and great attention to detail;
- Proactive, flexible, team spirited and willing to learn;
- Good computer skills including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity Anti-Retaliation and Combating Trafficking in Persons
The position is based in Al Dhale district, Yemen. Travel to sites across the governorate may be required. Competitive salary and benefits are offered.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
RC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Qualified and Interested individuals are required to apply for this position via the IRC Career at the following link:
Deadline for Applying: July,3, 2020 .Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.