Ended Security and Liaison Officer
Solidarités International seeks to recruit:
Security and Liaison Officer
Location of position: Al-Khawkha, Yemen
I. Presentation of organization
Solidarités International (SI) is a French humanitarian organization, which has been committed to provide aid in the event of conflicts and natural disasters. SI mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: drinking water, food and shelter.
SI has opened a mission in Yemen since mid-September 2017. The mission is currently running emergency projects with an integrated FSL (Agricultural and Cash) and WASH approach mostly in Lahj, Hodeidah and Taiz governorates.
SI opened a base in Al Mokha and operates on the West coast in Wash and FSL project; a sub-base in Al Khawkhah is open for the implementation needs.
MISSION / OBJECTIVES:
The security and liaison officer carries out administrative duties related to obtaining administrative and legal documents related to the Al Khawkha activities implementation in all its areas of intervention, and maintains good working relations with the various local administrative bodies.
He/She will also participate to the security monitoring and support directly the Security and Liaison Assistant in developing/strengthening the network of security focal points at Hodeidah Governorate level.
He/She will participate upon Field Coordinator Request,rto drafting external reports asked by local authorities.
He/She will be required to support in translation English/Arabic/English of official and non-official documentation.
List of main tasks:
Represent the association to local administrative bodies:
- Follow-up on the regulation required at government level related to INGO work in the country
- Under the supervision of the Security and Liaison Assistant, follow-up with the other bases and at coordination level on the Sub-Agreement signature status for all projects implemented in Hodeidah Governorate
- Keep up-to-date of changes to administrative procedure pertaining to obtaining documents;
- Establish or reinforce relations with administrative bodies;
- Meet with representatives from the various administrative bodies as often as needed to obtain documents or resolve related issues.
- Under the supervision of the S&L Assistant, update the Hodeidah Governorate master contact list on a regular basis and provide the additional information required
- Under the supervision of the S&L Assistant, maintain contact with dedicated security focal points (administrative/official offices level) at Hodeidah Governorate level
- Under the supervision of the S&L Assistant, support on the mapping of the security areas to be assessed/followed-up on and participate to the overall security assessment planning
- Under the supervision of the S&L Assistant, participate the strengthening of the security network by creating new security focal points
Translation and drafting report
- Undertake the task of translating official documents at the request of the S&L Assistant and Field Coordinator
- Provide simultaneous interpretation and minutes during meetings at the request of the S&L Assistant and Field Coordinator
- Under the request of the S&L Assistant or FC, draft external reports respecting provided guidelines in Arabic and in English
- Degree in Administration and/or Law is required
- Sound Knowledge of the Office pack (word, excel, PowerPoint) is required
- Previous one-year experience in a similar position (either Liaison Officer or Security Focal Point) in an INGO mandatory
- English written and oral is a requirement
- Previous experience in translation, an asset
- Strong communication skill
- Open minded and flexible
- Adaptability to new context of intervention/new interlocutors
- Good written skills (reporting)
POSITION OF THIS POST IN THE ORGANISATION CHART (hierarchical and functional relationships)
Reporting to: S&L Assistant
Hierarchical authority (within department) over: N/A
Under functional authority of: Field Coordinator
Functional authority over: N/A
Please submit your application (CV, Cover Letter, ID, Photocopies of diplomas, Certificates of employment etc.) to Solidarités International by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Title of the related position must be written in the email subject
NB: The vacancy may close before the deadline. Thank you for your comprehension
NB: CV and Cover letter must be in English.
Final date for applications: 02nd of July 2020