Ended Security and liaison Assistant
Solidarités International seeks to recruit:
Security and liaison Assistant
Location of position: Al-MOKHA, Yemen
I. Presentation of organization
Solidarités International (SI) is a French humanitarian organization, which has been committed to provide aid in the event of conflicts and natural disasters. SI mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: drinking water, food and shelter.
SI has opened a mission in Yemen since mid-September 2017. The mission is currently running emergency projects with an integrated FSL (Agricultural and Cash) and WASH approach mostly in Lahj, Hodeidah and Taiz governorates.
SI opened a base in Al Mokha and operates on the West coast in Wash and FSL project; a sub-base in Al Khawkhah is open for the implementation needs.
MISSION / OBJECTIVES:
The Security and Liaison Assistant assists the Field Coordinator in security management of the AlMokha base.
He/she supports active field security management
The Security and Liaison Assistant develops and maintains security networks and good working relations with the local actors and administrative bodies.
List of main tasks:
Safety and Security
- Oversee the implementation of SI security policies and procedures
- Carry out security checks for the clearance of team departures out into the field
- Alert the Field Coordinator every time an incident occurs in or near SI’s area of intervention and update the Security Events Follow Up
- Attend local external security related meetings with or on behalf of the Field Coordinator
- Monitoring the safety and security context in Taiz Governorate and on the West Coast and triangulate information as much as possible
- Conducting safety and security trainings for staff when required
- In close cooperation with the Field Coordinator, review and make recommendations on safety and security policy and practice based on the context
- Take part in security assessments in working areas and new areas, in developing a network of contacts and proposing recommendations to the Field Coordinator on security measures
- Participate in the security and contextual briefing of new national staff arrivals at the mission
- Coordinate the weekly security briefing and draft the security section of the weekly situation report of the base
Liaison and Networking
- Establish and maintain informal relations and an updated list of security contacts in Taiz Governorate permitting the collection of information related to safety and security as administrative procedures
- Facilitate communication and dialogue with the Local Authorities (LA’s) and arrange meetings with them as requested by the Field Coordinator and other SI staff,
- Coordinate with Ministry of Planning and International Cooperation (MoPIC) and other LA’s for signing sub-agreements as required
- Meet with representatives from the LA’s and security bodies as often as needed (with or on behalf of the Field Coordinator) to stay up to date of the LA’s requirements or resolve related issues.
Coordination and Communication
- Establish and maintain an updated contact list of all NGOs working in the governorate
- Facilitate coordination and communication and arranging meetings with the national and international NGOs as requested by the Field Coordinator
- Attend NGOs meetings with or on behalf of the Field Coordinator and draft the minutes for each meeting he/she attends
- Compile the weekly situation report for the base and send it to the Field Coordinator on the agreed deadline
- Draft the minutes of the base meetings
Please submit your application (CV, Cover Letter, ID, Photocopies of diplomas, Certificates of employment etc.) to Solidarités International by email to: email@example.com
NB: Title of the related position must be written in the email subject
NB: The vacancy may close before the deadline. Thank you for your comprehension
NB: CV and Cover letter must be in English.
Final date for applications: 02nd of July 2020