Ended Liaison and Security Officer
Solidarités International seeks to recruit:
LIAISON and SECURITY OFFICER
Emergency Roving Team
Location of position:Aden, Yemen with at least 30% of the time in the field.
I. Presentation of organization
Solidarités International (SI) is a French humanitarian organization, which has been committed to provide aid in the event of conflicts and natural disasters. SI’s mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: drinking water, food and shelter.
SI has opened a mission in Yemen since mid-September 2017. The mission is currently implementing emergency and early-recovery WASH and Food Security and Livelihood projects in Lahj, Taizz, and Hodeidah governorates. It operates from Aden, where the coordination is based, and 2 operational field bases located in Al Turbah and Al Mokha.
For the year 20120, Solidarites International is looking at strengthening its emergency response capacity through the establishment of a dedicated, roving team based in Aden with regular field trips.
The duration of the contract will be 6 months, with possible extension upon availability of funding
II. Responsibilities and Tasks:
The liaison officer carries out administrative duties related to obtaining administrative and legal documents related to the EPRT activities implementation in all its areas of intervention, and maintains good working relations with the various local administrative bodies.
He/She will also participate to the security monitoring and support directly the Field Coordinator Assistant (FCA) in developing/strengthening the network of security focal points.
He/She will participate upon Field Coordinator Request, to drafting external reports asked by local authorities.
He/She will be required to support the EPRT in translation English/Arabic/English of official and non-official documentation.
List of main tasks:
Represent the association to local administrative bodies:
- Follow-up on the regulation required at local government level related to INGO work in the country
- Under the supervision of the FCA, follow-up with the other bases and at coordination level on the Sub-Agreement signature status for all EPRT projects
- Keep up-to-date of changes to administrative procedure pertaining to obtaining documents;
- Establish or reinforce relations with administrative bodies;
- Upon request from FCA, Meet with representatives from the various administrative bodies as often as needed to obtain documents or resolve related issues.
- Under the supervision of the FCA, update the EPRT master contact list on a regular basis and provide the additional information required
- Under the supervision of the FCA, maintain contact with dedicated security focal points (administrative/official offices level)
- Under the supervision of the FCA, support on the mapping of the security areas to be assessed/followed-up on and participate to the overall security assessment planning
- Under the supervision of the FCA, participate the strengthening of the security network by creating new security focal points
Translation and drafting report
- Undertake the task of translating official documents at the request of the Field Coordinator Assistant and Field Coordinator
- Provide simultaneous interpretation and minutes during meetings at the request of the Field Coordinator Assistant and Field Coordinator
- Under the request of the FCA or FCO, draft external reports respecting provided guidelines in Arabic and in English
- Degree in Administration and/or Law is required
- Sound Knowledge of the Office pack (word, excel, PowerPoint) is required
- Previous one-year experience in a similar position (either Liaison Officer or Security Focal Point) in an INGO mandatory
- English written and oral is a requirement
- Previous experience in translation, an asset
- Strong communication skill
- Open minded and flexible
- Adaptability to new context of intervention/new interlocutors
- Good written skills (reporting)
POSITION OF THIS POST IN THE ORGANISATION CHART (hierarchical and functional relationships)
Reporting to: Field coordinator Assistant
Hierarchical authority (within department) over: N/A
Under functional authority of: Field Coordinator
Functional authority over: N/A
Please submit your application (CV, Cover Letter, Photocopies of diplomas, Certificates of employment etc.) to Solidarités International ERT Base by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Title of the related position must be written in the email subject
NB: The vacancy may close before the deadline. Thank you for your comprehension
Final date for applications: 06th July 2020