Vacancy Announcement – Project Manager -Sanaa
ACTED Organization Summary:
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential. ACTED is active in 37 countries and implements more than 450 projects a year reaching over 8 million beneficiaries with 400 international staff and 4,300 national staff.
ACTED has been present in Yemen since early 2012 and has been anchored to the governorates of Hodeidah, Raymah, Ibb, Aden-Dhalee, Saadah and Al Jawf.
Through its comprehensive programming ACTED has been covering the full continuum of emergency, rehabilitation and development in Yemen. Emergency activities have focused in the sectors of Agriculture & Food Security (e.g. distribution of crop seeds, and livestock), Economic Recovery and Market Systems (e.g. income-generating activities such as cash for work), and WASH (e.g. rehabilitation of water supply facilities, hygiene promotion). ACTED’s food security activities include distribution of food vouchers, which are a key component of ACTED’s interventions in the country.
ACTED Organization is pleased to announce the below job vacancy with the following details:
Position: Project Manager
Contract Type: Full time
Contract Duration: 6 months
Scope of Responsibilities
Working hours and location
- The Project Manager is a full-time position based in Sanaa, with regular travels to the field (80%), following 8:00 am-4:30 pm (Sunday-Thursday) shift, including 30-minute lunch and according to needs and agreement set up with management;
- According to needs, the Project Manager may be asked to intervene in other locations throughout ACTED’s areas of intervention;
- Project planning: develop the implementation strategy and work plan for the project, identification, and planning of requirements for the activities as per relevant standards. Organization of kick-off meetings, project review meetings, and closeout meetings.
- Implementation follow up: daily follow up of staffs and activities, anticipation and mitigation of risks/ issues, immediate awareness raising of the need for corrective action, and the planning and delivery of appropriate corrective actions during the project implementation.
- Documentation and compliance: prepare, compile and file records and document that prove the completion of the activities. Develop and create tools and mechanisms to ensure project activities are delivered in compliance with ACTED and Donor regulations.
- Beneficiaries engagement and accountability: ensure the safeguarding of beneficiaries, oversee transparent and fair selection of the beneficiaries, provision of clear and accurate information to the communities, strengthen the community participation throughout the project cycle and solve complaints related to the project.
- Internal coordination: coordinate all internal affairs related to the project implementation through organization and participation in relevant meetings.
- External coordination: remain aware of all stakeholders (organizations, authorities, consortiums) involved in the area of the project. Participate in local level coordination meetings related to the project and activities.
- Partner management: in case the project is implemented through a local partner, clarify roles and responsibilities of the partner, coordinate and communicate on regular basis.
- Security: support the security management of all activities and movement related to the project.
2. Human resources
- Organize the structure of the team in line with budget limitation, standardized positions and implementation strategy.
- Coordinate with HR department the development of TOR, advertising of jobs, pre-selection of candidates, tests and interviews.
- Ensures the development of the staff through proactive and continuous improvement of staff capacities and team dynamic through mentoring, coaching, training and appraisal
- Day to day management of staffs: leave requests, planning etc.
- Procurement: organize the procurement planning process, launch procurements through clean, timely and accurate order forms, follow up with logistics the ongoing procurements.
- Quality control: participate in the quality checking of all samples at selection and delivery stages and provide timely and accurate feedback to the Logistic department.
- Stock: follow up the project stocks in coordination with the Logistic department and Area Coordinator: monitor current, upcoming, distributed, required and final remaining stock.
- Fleet: contributes to the effective fleet management in coordination with the logistic department through accurate and timely planning of vehicle request.
- Assets: ensure the availability of the required assets for the team including communication means and control.
- Budget management: initial and regular (monthly) forecasting of costs and crosscheck expenditures, taking into consideration potential delays. Timely and accurate requests for cash in coordination with the Finance department.
- Budget development: participate in the development on new project budget through the provision of expert programmatic advice related to contextual knowledge in coordination with the project development department.
5. Quality control
- Monitoring and Evaluation: participate in Appraisal, Monitoring and Evaluation Unit (AMEU) planning process, support AMEU activities planning organization and restitutions.
- Learning: collection and application of lessons learnt in ongoing and future projects.
6. Grant management
- Donor contract follow up: read and understand the contract to ensure the project is implemented in line with the contractual obligations in close coordination with the project development department.
- Reporting: report on regular basis on the project activities achievements and challenges. Update on monthly basis the PMF.
- Communication: provide the project development department with pictures and ideas for communication pieces.
- Proposal development: participate in the technical creation and budget development of new projects.
Job Requirements (Qualification and Experience)
- At least 2 years in project management at a senior position
- Proven experience managing large scale programming (above 3 million USD) and good knowledge of budget management tools
- Proven experience in managing several teams in different sectors. Strong interest for management and capacity building.
- Proven experience in managing resilience-based programming including livelihood component.
- Proven experience of support to civil society organizations
- Proven experience of managing WASH programming
- Experience in reporting and external relations
- Result oriented, strategic thinking personality
- Very good English skills
- Experience in managing EuropeAid funded projects
- Good understanding of Covid-19 issues, preventing and response measures
- Knowledge of ACTED finance, logistic, HR procedures and program management tools
- Knowledge of Dhamar and Lahj governorate.
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send an application comprising a detailed CV and a cover letter in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- PLEASE state in the subject line of the e-mail: "Project Manager-Sanaa”
- Candidates must rename CV & Cover letter: (First & Surname + Project Manager)
- The closing date for applications is Monday, 06 July, 2020.
Due to the urgency of this appointment, interviews would be on a rolling basis and candidates may be identified before the closing date.
Contacting any ACTED staff member other than the contact details listed in regard to this job will result in disqualification.