Deputy Project Manager
Vacancy Announcement – Deputy Project Manager -Aden/Lahj
ACTED Organization Summary:
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential. ACTED is active in 37 countries and implements more than 450 projects a year reaching over 8 million beneficiaries with 400 international staff and 4,300 national staff.
ACTED has been present in Yemen since early 2012 and has been anchored to the governorates of Hodeidah, Raymah, Ibb, Aden-Dhalee, Saadah and Al Jawf.
Through its comprehensive programming ACTED has been covering the full continuum of emergency, rehabilitation and development in Yemen. Emergency activities have focused in the sectors of Agriculture & Food Security (e.g. distribution of crop seeds, and livestock), Economic Recovery and Market Systems (e.g. income-generating activities such as cash for work), and WASH (e.g. rehabilitation of water supply facilities, hygiene promotion). ACTED’s food security activities include distribution of food vouchers, which are a key component of ACTED’s interventions in the country.
ACTED Organization is pleased to announce the below job vacancy with the following details:
Position: Deputy Project Manager
Contract Type: Full time
Contract Duration: 6 months
Scope of Responsibilities
Working hours and location
According to needs, the Deputy Project Manager may be asked to intervene in other locations throughout ACTED’s areas of intervention;
- Project planning: assist the Project Manager in developing the implementation strategy and workplan for the project, identification and planning of requirements for the activities as per relevant standards. Participate in kick off meeting, project review meetings and close out meetings in the absence of the project manager.
- Implementation follow up: daily follow up of staffs and activities in the base, anticipation and mitigation of risks/ issues, immediate awareness raising of the need for corrective action, and the planning and delivery of appropriate corrective actions during the project implementation.
- Documentation and compliance: prepare, compile and file records and document that prove the completion of the activities in the base.
- Beneficiaries engagement and accountability: ensure the safeguarding of beneficiaries, transparent and fair selection of the beneficiaries, provision of clear and accurate information to the communities, strengthen the community participation.
- Internal coordination: coordinate all internal affairs related to the project implementation in the base through organization and participation in relevant meetings.
- External coordination: remain aware of all stakeholders involved in the area of the project. Participate in local level coordination meetings related to the project and activities upon request of the supervisors.
- Security: support the security management of all activities and movement related to the activities in the field.
2. Human resources
- Recruitment: support the recruitment of the project team in coordination with the project manager.
- Training: support the project manager in the evaluation of staff capacities and identification for capacity building and training. Conduct appraisals for the team.
- Day to day management of staffs: leave requests, planning etc.
- Procurement: follow up with logistics at base level the ongoing procurements.
- Stock: follow up the project stocks at base level in coordination with the Logistic department, Area Coordinator and project manager. Monitor current, upcoming, distributed, required and final remaining stock.
- Fleet: contributes to the effective fleet management in coordination with the logistic department and project manager through accurate and timely planning of vehicle request.
- Assets: ensure the availability of the required assets for the team including communication means and control.
- Budget management: support the Project manager in regular forecasting of costs and crosscheck expenditures, taking into consideration potential delays.
5. Quality control
- Monitoring and Evaluation: participate in Appraisal, Monitoring and Evaluation Unit (AMEU) planning process, support AMEU activities planning organization and restitutions.
- Learning: collection and application of lessons learnt in ongoing project.
6. Grant management
- Reporting: report on regular basis on the project activities achievements and challenges to supervisor.
- Communication: Provide the project development department with pictures and ideas for communication papers. Support the organizations of interviews with the beneficiaries if required.
- Proposal development: participate in the technical creation and budget development of new projects if required by supervisor or project development department.
Job Requirement (Qualification and Experience)
- At least 2 years in project management at a senior position
- Proven experience managing large scale programming (above 1 million USD) and good knowledge of budget management tools
- Proven experience in managing several teams in different
- Proven experience in managing resilience-based programming including livelihood and/ or WASH programming
- Proven experience of support to civil society organizations
- Experience in reporting and external relations
- Result oriented, strategic thinking personality
- Good English skills
- Experience in managing EuropeAid funded projects
- Experience in support to civil society organizations
- Experience in providing support to
- Experience in managing cholera response programming
- Good understanding of Covid-19 issues, preventing and response measures
- Knowledge of ACTED finance, logistic, HR procedures and program management tools
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send an application comprising a detailed CV and a cover letter in English to: email@example.com
- PLEASE state in the subject line of the e-mail: " Deputy Project Manager-Lahj”
- Candidates must rename CV & Cover letter: (First & Surname + Deputy Project Manager)
- The closing date for applications is Monday, 06 July, 2020.
Due to the urgency of this appointment, interviews would be on a rolling basis and candidates may be identified before the closing date.
Contacting any ACTED staff member other than the contact details listed in regard to this job will result in disqualification.