Ended WASH Assistant (2)
SOUL for Development is a national NGO, founded in February 1997, by a group of Yemeni professionals out of their desire to achieve a higher quality of life for Yemeni women and children, and contribute to the development process of the nation. Since its establishment it has implemented programs and projects in health, nutrition, WASH, education, child rights, and youth empowerment. It is currently operating in Sana’a, Taiz, Aden, Hadhramawt, Al Hudaydah, Al Maharah, Socotra and Dhamar governorates
Job Title: WASH Assistant (2).
Contract Type: Full Time.
Contract Duration: 5 Months.
Start Date: As soon as possible.
The WASH Assistant will be responsible on assisting the identification, design, implementation, monitoring and reporting on the progress of community construction and rehabilitation projects in the assigned districts
- Oversee and create a community-based oversight system for all engineering works done by contractors.
- Assist developing detailed bills of quantities (BOQ) , drawings and action plans for the construction/Rehabilitation works required in the health centers and WASH & community projects’ in collaboration with WASH program officer and engineers’ staff and based on assessment and program requirements, ensuring that recommended work is within the minimum SPHERE standard.
- Assist developing estimated costs for rehabilitation/construction works.
- Coordinate with WASH officer to draw up works tender documents’ and provide technical support to Bid Committees.
- Where necessary, take samples for laboratory testing of materials and workmanship
- Seek and obtain appropriate government sign-off on works at the critical stages; especially at the start and completion.
- Coordinate WASH construction activities with other local actors (governmental and non-governmental). Build strong relationship with local and government partners, Local Water and Sanitation Company, GARWP.
- Supervise and be responsible for all technical aspects of project implementation, ensure they are completed in a timely, efficient and accurate manner according to standard engineering methods.
- As appropriate, ensure that the contractor maintains proper inventory control systems of commodities/goods transactions.
- Ensure that variations are approved by the project manager according to SOUL procedures before giving work order to the contractor.
- Verify incoming materials are of the highest quality and from acceptable country of origin.
- Certify achievement of contractual milestones, and provide reports to Project officer so payment to contractors can be processed.
- Develop and implement safety standard checklists ensuring that beneficiaries’ safety is central.
- Ensure a safe working environment for all people involved in project implementation.
- Is responsible for maintaining detailed work plans and written records of engineering work undertaken in the project.
- Is responsible for a high degree of awareness regarding the security situation in the project area.
- Other duties as assig.
Qualifications & Experience:
- University Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering, Architecture, relevant disciplines, or equivalent field experience.
- At least one-year related experience; or equivalent training experience.
- Continuous studying and training in the job is required.
- Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Effective use of computers – Word and Excel and preferably a design and drawing software (AutoCAD, Reviet, etc.)
- Oral and written Language skills in English.
- Experience or knowledge of working and living in relevant regions/contexts.
- NGO or humanitarian programming experience.
Job Knowledge and Skills:
- Proficiency with MS Office applications.
- Willing to undertake regular field visits to other governorates.
- Good analytical, and excellent oral communication, teamwork and people skills
- Strong leadership and problem solving skills.
- Attention to details and high level of accuracy
- Effective listening; verbal and writing communication skills.
- Qualified candidates are invited to fill their information and submit their CVs in the below link:
- Applications with no detailed information within the specified Form will not be considered.
- Due to the urgency of this appointment, selection processes would be on a rolling basis.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline for receiving applications is 30.06.2020