Ended Logistic Assistant
SOUL for Development is a national NGO, founded in February 1997, by a group of Yemeni professionals out of their desire to achieve a higher quality of life for Yemeni women and children, and contribute to the development process of the nation. Since its establishment it has implemented programs and projects in health, nutrition, WASH, education, child rights, and youth empowerment. It is currently operating in Sana’a, Taiz, Aden, Hadhramawt, Al Hudaydah, Al Maharah, Socotra and Dhamar governorates
Job Title: Logistic Assistant (1).
Contract Type: Full Time.
Contract Duration: 6 Months.
Start Date: As soon as possible.
The Logistics Assistant will be responsible for logistical arrangements for project’s activities. The Assistant will work in collaboration with project's staffs for the organization and execution of planning and preparation of implementation of the activities. The Assistant will report to project officer. He/she will be responsible for logistics and admin tasks under the supervision of Project Manager.
- Contributes to procurement process for office property, expendable supplies and services;
- Foresees needs, recommends solutions and conducts tendering procedures as appropriate;
- Ensures full compliance and application of standard procurement rules, procedures and best practices;
- Updates the field office procurement plan;
- Follows-up the activities and tasks undertaken by contractors as indicated in the signed service/procurement contracts or Purchase Orders;
- Plays an active role in the preparation seminars and workshops (i quotations, bookings, logistical support, accommodations, venue set up, transport arrangements, etc);
- Maintains administrative and logistical files with necessary confidentiality where required;
- Take overall responsibility to provide logistics and administrative support for project team for smooth functioning of project activities.
- Make proper documentation of all cash disbursements and submit to replenish the fund.
- Process for all payments related to procurement, logistics and routine transactions according to SOUl’s policy and guidelines for project.
- Maintain inventory database for assets, office supplies and warehouses, and conduct periodic inventory checks. Submit inventory reconciliation reports to Procurement and Accountant on monthly basis.
- Provide monthly tracking reports on operational supplies to supported HFs, which includes but not limited to Diesel, Cooking Gas, and other items needed.
- Obtain official receipts from HF management, GHO and DHO for all supplied items.
- Monitoring and follow-up of progress of the rehabilitation sites, after obtaining official site receipts and submitting the rehabilitated site to HF management, GHO and DHO.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or similar sector;
- At least 2 years’ experience in the logistic sector;
- Excellent computer skills including the usage of Microsoft office.
- Excellent usage of Advanced Excel.
- File Archiving skills.
- Training and Excellent Implementation of the archiving systems of the organization
- Very good business correspondence skills.
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Qualified candidates are invited to fill their information and submit their CVs in the below link:
- Applications with no detailed information within the specified Form will not be considered.
- Due to the urgency of this appointment, selection processes would be on a rolling basis.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline for receiving applications is 30.06.2020