Ended MEAL Project Officer
MEAL Project Officer (Aden & Lahj)
Under the supervision of the Roving MEAL coordinator under SFPS project, the MEAL officer will assist with the project’s monitoring and evaluation tasks and overall performance management. The M&E Assistant will be primarily responsible for data collection, entry, and filing. He/she will also contribute to data analysis and programmatic reporting as required.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY :
- Assist in all health facilities assessment process.
- In collaboration with other project team, collect quantitative and qualitative data in timely, reliable, valid, and precise manner according to the MEAL plan.
- Assist in data analysis as required
- Conduct regular data quality assessment at health facility level.
- Responsible for establish and follow up CRM according to the accountability plan.
- In coordination with other project team, performing field visits to monitor Project activities on the ground. This includes quality benchmark, collect feedback via accountability benchmark, monitoring and reporting on compliance, according to USAID regulations.
- Assist in developing the project database as needed.
- Enter collected data in and maintain project’s database.
- Maintain soft and hard copies of all M&E related files and supporting documentation.
- Assist in the data entry of IPTT and analysis the achievement indicators.
- Innovative ways for improving MEAL system.
- Assist the programme teams in documenting lessons learnt.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Bachelor Degree in social science, information technology, statistics, business administration, or other discipline relevant to MEAL.
- At least One Year of M&E experience.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Strong knowledge of project cycle management and M&E.
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Basic understanding on Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning.
- Background on database management
- Experience in data management and analysis (excel, Kobo, SPSS)
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy;
- Good organizational skills
- Excellent English language skills.
- Ability and willingness to work under pressure and handle multiple tasks.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Strong communication skills and building positive relationships with colleagues and supervisors.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply. You can apply here
Deadline for submitting applications: 30th June 2020
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.