Cashier This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Vacancy Announcement – Cashier-Sanaa
ACTED Organization Summary:
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential. ACTED is active in 37 countries and implements more than 500 projects a year reaching over 14 million beneficiaries with 300 international staff and 4,400 national staff.
ACTED has been present in Yemen since early 2012 and has been anchored to the governorates of Al Hodeidah, Raymah, Al Dhale’e, Saadah, Al Jawf, Aden, Dhamar and Marib
Through its comprehensive programming ACTED has been covering the full continuum of emergency, rehabilitation and development in Yemen. Emergency activities have focused in the sectors of Agriculture & Food Security (e.g. distribution of crop seeds, and livestock), Economic Recovery and Market Systems (e.g. income-generating activities such as cash for work), and WASH (e.g. rehabilitation of water supply facilities, hygiene promotion). ACTED’s food security activities include distribution of food vouchers, which are a key component of ACTED’s interventions in the country.
ACTED Organization is pleased to announce the below job vacancy with the following details:
Contract Type: Fixed term
Contract Duration: 6 months
- FX: Collect daily currency exchange rates;
- Vouchers & SAGA Excel: Check & file vouchers and register vouchers in the SAGA Excel;
- Payments: Prepare and process payments for items and services previously approved by the Finance officer and the Area coordinator /Country Director;
- Safe & Cash Transactions: at the end of each day, check the daily transactions and the safe to verify that balances match;
- Track bank transactions and perform cross-check with the bankbooks/Excel sheets;
- Money Exchange Dealing: whenever needed, change money for the cashbooks and register the operation in the cashbook and Excel sheets;
- Money Transfer Dealing: register and exchange voucher references between Country Office and areas;
- Follow up on cash advances, making sure they are duly settled;
- Checking the validity of invoices, approval of signatures, accounting codes and Budget lines;
- Perform simple translations of receipts/invoices/documents from Arabic to English.
- At the end of each month, check the balance in the cashbook and in the safe, establish the cash checking statement and have it signed by the Senior Finance officer and Area Coordinator/CD, weekly check to be done with the finance officer/Area Coordinator/CD;
- Bankbook & SAGA Excel: Bankbook and SAGA Excel should be checked before closing the accounting month along with the bank statement from the bank and bank reconciliation to be prepared;
- Vouchers: Performing a Bi-weekly check of the Archived files and vouchers, making sure documents are present and complete;
- SAGA Excel: SAGA should be printed, checked and signed before closing the accounting month;
- Following up with compliance on samples selected for Audit, making sure they are returned and filled correctly in their respective folders;
- Advances: ensure all advances for the staff are closed before Mid and final Year closures;
- Debt recognition: Prepare and get the Monthly Debt recognition signed for open advances;
- Follow-up with the bases to ensure the monthly accounting files are sent to the capital office on time and are filled out correctly (Red cell game);
- Making sure files are well archived, scanned and uploaded in the local and Cloud server;
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Diploma/Bachelor degree in accounting, finance, or relevant subject;
- Minimum working experience: 1 Year in the Financial INGO Sector;
- proficiency in Excel functions and formulas;
- Fluency in Arabic and good command of English;
- Professional Computer Knowledge;
- The ability to effectively communicate with staff across all the organisations;
- The capacity to work efficiently under pressure and to manage a heavy workload;
- Ability in time-sensitive prioritization;
- Knowledge of SAGA and/or other Financial Tools of advantage;
- Good work ethics with little supervision;
- Good team player.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل