Ended Vehicle Fleet Manager
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an independent, neutral organization ensuring humanitarian protection and assistance for victims of war and armed violence. Please visit www.icrc.org for more information.
The ICRC is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of:
Vehicle Fleet Manager 1
Contract type: Open Ended.
Duty Station: ADEN
People Management responsibilities: yes
Vehicle Fleet Manager 1 oversees management of the fleet of ICRC vehicles in their country or region of assignment so that operational needs are met, working in strict compliance with the standards set at headquarters. S/he carries out effective and efficient resource planning and scheduling for ICRC- and non-ICRCowned vehicles within the operational area.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Determines needs in terms of the fleet and maximizes its efficiency and effectiveness through planned resource allocation in accordance with guidelines from headquarters.
- Provides and organizes employee training and recruitment in accordance with security regulations and technical guidelines.
- Manages and carries out controls on fuel supplies, for which s/he has final accountability; carries out contingency planning.
- Establishes the spare parts inventory and carries out controls in accordance with ICRC guidelines.
- Provides technical input in the decision-making process regarding private transport services under contract, especially freight transport. • Ensures that administrative paperwork related to vehicles and drivers is handled in a professional manner and is in line with guidelines from headquarters (includes vehicle and driver data files, registration and documentation related to import/export/transfer of vehicles, and convoy documentation).
- In collaboration with the Logistician, ensures that all sites are secure in terms of fire danger, collateral damage from weapons and illegal access.
- Ensures that all vehicles are in compliance with ICRC and national rules in terms of third-party and casco insurance.
- Monitors, organizes and maximizes the efficiency of the vehicle pool to support the delegation's operations.
- Provides technical support for regional budget preparation, approves orders sent to Geneva and greenlights the disposal of vehicles.
- Acts as the administrator of the Fleetwave Centralize application and uses it to generate reports; analyses the reports and takes corrective action.
Scope & Impact
- Geographical remit: country-level.
- Supervises the Workshop Manager, Drivers and Dispatchers.
- Prepares the fleet budget for the cost centres under their responsibility.
- Typically manages under 400 assets (vehicles, boats, etc) in a large Logistics setup.
- Internally, interacts mainly with logistics staff and delegation management.
- Externally, interacts with the head of police, ministry officials, insurance companies, weapon bearers and customs officers.
- Relevant university degree.
- Accredited management training.
- Excellent command (written and spoken) of English.
- Very good skills with computers and workshop finances.
- Valid driving license.
Professional Experience Required
- 6 years' experience working in transport or an automotive workshop.
- Very good knowledge of the political situation and social and cultural norms of the area of assignment.
- Two years' management experience.
- Previous exposure to other cultural and religious contexts.
- People management
- Team work & Collaboration
- Representing the ICRC
- Beneficiary & Client focused
- Letter of Motivation in English
- C.V. in English (maximum 3 pages);
- Copies of the Academic Certificates, Work Certificates, and Letters of Recommendation if any.
Please send your applications by email to email@example.com
indicating in the subject line: Vehicle Fleet Manager 1
Applications with no clear indication of the subject will not be considered
Deadline to send your application: 04.07.2020