Ended HR Officer
Mercy Corps is a leading international non-governmental humanitarian agency with a global mission to alleviate suffering, poverty and oppression by helping people build secure, productive and just communities.
Safeguarding at Mercy Corps is committed to the community members we work with and the beneficiaries we serve. As part of this commitment, Mercy Corps has zero tolerance for violations of our Code of Conduct (Sexual Abuse of Beneficiaries and Community Members (PSEA), Anti-Trafficking Policy, Child Safeguarding Policy, Mercy Corps Ethics Complaint and Whistleblower Policy, Sexual Misconduct in the Workplace Policy, Discrimination, Harassment and Bullying Policy, and Anti-Fraud and Corruption).
Mercy Corps Yemen would like to announce that the following position is currently open for recruitment:
Position Title: HR Officer
Number of Vacancy: 1
Duty Station: Sana’a
Position Category: Full-time AND Regular
Duration of Assignment: till 31 December 2020 ,with possibility of extension based on fund and performance
Deadline : 01 July 2020
The Human Resources Department is responsible for ensuring the effectiveness and efficiency as well as increasing the quality of Mercy Corps’ human resources functions including recruitment, orientation, policy implementation, compensation/benefits, and performance management, and staff development, disciplinary and exiting procedures.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
The Human Resources Officer will be responsible for all HR & functions in the designated offices under the direct supervision of the HRM. The Human Resources Officer will be responsible for implementing human resources policies and procedures, as outlined in the Mercy Corps Yemen National Staff Policy Handbook and other HR policies, to support the overall achievement of Mercy Corps country program plan.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Recruitments and selections:
- Follow up with Head of departments to develop and submit Recruitments plans.
- In charge of all recruitment process in the offices from A-Z including but limited to Job Adverts, longlist, interviews, references, offer and contract and onboarding.
- Ensure all recruitment processes are compliance to Mercy Corps recruitment policy and guidelines.
- Update recruitment tracker on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Report any recruitment challenges/issues to the HRM immediately.
- Orient al new joining staff on Mercy Corps policies and procedures within the first 2 weeks of joining Mercy Corps.
- In liaison with the HRA finalize all orientations for joining staff.
- Primary focal point for both health and life insurances for all staff.
- Update the national’s staff health and life insurance on a regular basis.
- Liaise with the HR assistant to ensure all required documents are submitted by the staff on time.
- Process annually and quarterly payments for the insurance company.
- Ensure all health and life data base are 100% accurate and coordinated well with the insurance company.
- Oversee the social insurance process in coordination with the HRA.
- Monthly processing of the payroll on time and ensure all supporting documents are submitted accurately and on time (HR payroll report, PAFs, contracts extensions, amendments, terminations, resignations, deductions … etc.
- Ensure all payroll documents are properly and accurately filed.
- Issue monthly payroll slips for all staff.
- Focal Point for all staff leave tracking and ensure the leave tracking data base are accurate (annual, sick,
- Update the leave tracker on a monthly basis and share the leave balances with head of departments by the 05th of each month.
- Follow up on staff outstanding leave balances and communicate to Head of Departments and HRM.
- Follow up with Head of Departments to develop quarterly leave plans for their teams and ensure staff takes their leaves accordingly.
- Report to the HRM any leave discrepancies and/or issues on staff leaves immediately.
- In charge of all leavers exit process (resignations, terminations, end of contracts).
- Carry out the exit interview with leavers.
- Final payment for all leavers and ensure supporting documents are properly submitted and filed.
- Update the leavers’ tracker on a monthly basis and ensure the report is shared on time with the HRM.
- Report all Disciplinary actions at the office and field levels to the HRM immediately as they arise and seek guidance and support.
- Participate in the disciplinary meetings and ensure compliance to Mercy Corps Disciplinary procedures.
- Ensure high level of confidentiality of all HR disciplinary procedures.
- Follow up on staff annual performance reviews.
- Set reviews tracker and follow up with managers to carry out the performance review for their supervisee.
- Keep an updated tracker for staff performance review due date.
- Report to the HRM any performance issues immediately.
- Update all HR trackers on a monthly basis and share with the HRM latest on the 4th of each month
- Oversee the filing system for all HR documents in coordination with the HRAs.
- Follow up with staff end of contract date and remind head of departments 2 month’s prior to the contract end date.
- Maintain confidentiality of all national staff personnel issues including disciplinary procedures and contracts/ pay rates.
- Conducts himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
- Advise the HRM and HR team on any suggestions for improvement in the current policies, systems, and ways of working.
- Provide technical support to the HRA.
- Carry out leave plans, performance reviews, and time managements for the HRA.
- Other duties as assigned by the HRM.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: None
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: HR Manager
WORKS DIRECTLY WITH: HR As, Finance, Ops, and other Mercy Corps staff.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- University degree in HR, business administration or related field.
- Minimum two years’ experience in human resources management with humanitarian organization.
- High level of integrity and the ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Ability to multi-task and deal with sensitive issues with diplomacy and discretion.
- Good understanding of human resource reporting and recordkeeping requirements.
- Excellent organizational skills and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in Excel is a must.
- Supervisory and problem solving skills.
- Fluency written and spoken in English and Arabic.
- The candidate must be able to follow guidelines and reinforce organizational policies with all staff members, including senior and international staff.
- A positive attitude and an ability to work effectively as part of a dynamic team in a stressful environment.
- Excellent skills in problem-solving and a results-oriented approach to HR management.
Please if you are interested; use the following link to apply for the position: